Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

rear panhard bar???

Youngn

I am mocking up my rear suspension and have a four link with the rubber bushings instead of the rod ends and the coilovers are mounted on an angle out ward. My question is : Is it neccessary to run a rear panhard bar or will i be ok with the current setup?

I am mocking up my rear suspension and have a four link with the rubber bushings instead of the rod ends and the coilovers are mounted on an angle out ward. My question is : Is it neccessary to run a rear panhard bar or will i be ok with the current setup?
Unless it's a triangulated setup use a pan hard rod.

Ron I was working on the 27 that you have now and forgot to put the panhard rod back on and started to back out of the drive way, it got wobblely real quick

thanks i guess the next question is, does anyone have any pictures of their setup and will it make a big difference if it is short?

thanks i guess the next question is, does anyone have any pictures of their setup and will it make a big difference if it is short?

Here are some pics of my set up. It is called a wishbone locator and it allows the rear to travel in a perfectly vertical path rather that a parallelogram as with a panard bar.

IMG_0674_2.jpg

IMG_0676_2.jpg

Jim

thanks for the pictures and info. i should be able to get a 20" panhard mounted out of sight. I am going for a nice clean look.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back