Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rear Radius Rods

I know this is an earlier thread, but it got me thinking. I just got my kit from spirit and the radius rods came in a speedway box. I thought they upgraded to ones made by RPM after what happened to Thomas. Something about the speedway ones being from china or something like that. Any thoughts? I may have to ask on the spirit forum.

hulkamania said:
We have used Speedways radius rods for 10 years and had no problem until this year. Speedway used to have the radius rods made in United States but now they are made in China. We have taken care of the problem and do not use those radius rods now. We have RPM (ron pope) making our radius rods. We know they are made in the U.S. :lol: You couldn't bend those monsters. They are 1" thick instad of 7/8" thick.
Yeah, thats what i read. I may have to call Josh and ask on Monday.

Youngn said:
i have a four link setup on my t bucket and was wondering if this could happen to this type of setup too.
Yes these can bend under compression, best to step up a size or two, and go with a heavier wall tube on the bottom tube, at least, as it is the one that gets all the pressure. No traction help with a 4 bar setup, but real good for the road... No binding when ever your car leans, corners and driveways...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back