Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rear tire choices? Give me your thoughts

Chief

I'm replacing rear tires on my T. Currently have MT Sportsman 15" X 18" wide. I'm looking to go to 16" wide radials.

I don't drive it in the rain. I'll be doing new wheels also. Running spindles with Hallcraft wires up front.

Top two choices so far are Hoosier Pro Streets, or Mickey Thompson SR's. What are your thoughts on either of these tires?

Is there another possibility, I'm not considering?

Those are the only two really wide weenies I know. Pick the tread pattern you like (I went with Hoosier; the MT's are a little busy for my taste) and enjoy the radials. They are a quantum leap up from bias-ply.

What wheels are you considering? Make sure you can get wheels to fit the tires you want. I had Budnik make 17x13 for me.

I'm replacing rear tires on my T. Currently have MT Sportsman 15" X 18" wide. I'm looking to go to 16" wide radials.

I don't drive it in the rain. I'll be doing new wheels also. Running spindles with Hallcraft wires up front.

Top two choices so far are Hoosier Pro Streets, or Mickey Thompson SR's. What are your thoughts on either of these tires?

Is there another possibility, I'm not considering?
Don't drive it in the rain? ... oh, you will! :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back