Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

routing brake line types

WMG

I am in the process of putting the T back together after a bunch of work on the rear axle. I changed to coil overs and changed the fender mounts. Would it be acceptable to use steel braided line from the TEE over the diff housing to the wheels? Seems like it might be a little easier to route the lines as opposed to steel lines that need to be bent.

Why go over the differential at all? Check the attached picture, the tee is on the rear crossmember which in turn takes the line to the right rear flex hose as on the left.

IMG_0674_2.jpg

Thanks for the tip. That should eliminate a couple of other problems that I have had with wear on the lines etc. as they will be secured much better this way.

Hey Junk, whats the 3rd bar at the lower radius rod for? I think you did a great job in routing the hard line ..looks super clean! And how did you get the flex line to stay so well, usally they move like crazy.

Hey Junk, whats the 3rd bar at the lower radius rod for? I think you did a great job in routing the hard line ..looks super clean! And how did you get the flex line to stay so well, usally they move like crazy.

The "third" bar is the "wish bone" type locator for the rear end. I use that rather than a panard bar so that the rear travels in a true vertical path rather than in a parallogram path as on a panhard. Here is a picture.

IMG_0650.jpg

I keep the flex line attached to the axle housing with two one hole stainless straps per side. This keeps them from "flapping in the breeze".

Does the different swing arcs of the wishbone and the lower 4-bar cause any binding?

Does the different swing arcs of the wishbone and the lower 4-bar cause any binding?
None what so ever. The reason is because the front mount of the wishbone is not fixed, it slides in a socket type mount.

here is a picture that shows the front mount.

IMG_0676_2.jpg

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back