Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rubber bumper

Track T-4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'm installing new coilovers in the next couple weeks and want to install a rubber bumper on the chassis above the axe housing to protect against hard bottoming. Looking for something about 1" thick. Any suggestions on what OEM or custom part that is available?

Unrelated question....what lubricant should I use in a 9" differential?

I would myself look for a soft rubber travel stop off a mini truck, (they are about 3 to 4 inches long/tall) you could just use 1 in the center, or 2 at the outer sides of the frame... as far as gear Lube, depends on if it is a posi-lock or not... :) Good question, as many or most people do not use travel stops, and bottoming out the shocks is a real killer to shocks... They can hold from the pull end, but not the bottoming out, and it usually breaks the mounts as well... Ride safe :)

I'm installing new coilovers in the next couple weeks and want to install a rubber bumper on the chassis above the axe housing to protect against hard bottoming. Looking for something about 1" thick. Any suggestions on what OEM or custom part that is available?

Unrelated question....what lubricant should I use in a 9" differential?

Our Local Ace is da place Hardware has a good selection of Machinery mounts or rubber isolation feet or pads . You might try looking at those. Some have threaded studs in the rubber , so all you would have to do is bolt them to a simple bracket.. "BH"
PS: Furd has a really good "Clay based" lube for their rear axles, I dunno if it's still available or not... Today there is sooo many good lubes available. shouldn't have too much trouble finding one that works . Make sure it's compatable if you are running a clutch type posi unit.....

Rubber baby buggy bumpers... rubber baby buggy bumpers... rubber baby buggy bumpers... rubber baby buggy bumpers...

I don't know if I have a posi or not. Is there any reason I couldn't use the posi-type lube just to be on the safe side?

Careful if you hold one wheel and it is a posi can you say tire burn on hand.

Just jack up the rearend. Rotate the tire by hand. If both tire rotate in the same direction then its a posi. If they turn in opposite directions then you have a "One Wheel Peel"

Just jack up the rearend. Rotate the tire by hand. If both tire rotate in the same direction then its a posi. If they turn in opposite directions then you have a "One Wheel Peel"
That is the easiest way to check and it is the only way that I have ever used. It is also a much safer way than doing it with the car running.

Jim

Thanks guys. That's the test I was looking for.

Bruce

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back