Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Search window

jimbo01

I'm having problems with searches. I type the word or topic I'm looking for and I always end up with no results. I've had the same problem with this on the last site but did manage to get it to work a couple of times. I'd really like to look up old threads rather then ask the same question that has already been answered. Thank you in advance.

There are some tips and tricks to using the search function effectively.

First, let me point you to THIS THREAD, which has a video to help explain the search function.

Here are some examples of how to refine your search methods.

Let's say I am search for information on having bacon and eggs for breakfast. If I search for "bacon", I might end up with a lot of results about bacon that have nothing to do with breakfast. I might get matches on BLTs, or bacon bits on a baked potato. It works the same way with "eggs".

So, what I want to do is find topics that contain both bacon and eggs, so I would type this into the search field - "bacon + eggs"

That will return topics that have both words.

What can be a restraint to some people is the fact you cannot search for terms shorter than 4 characters. If you try to search for "egg", you will not get any returns. That is a problem associated with MySQL databases. Somewhere on this list of things to do, I've noted trying to edit the MySQL configuration, to see if I can get it working with 3 character searches. Maybe, one of these days, I'll finally get around to it.

Remember to use quotes and join keywords with a plus-sign and I think you'll start getting better-targeted results from your searches.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back