Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Side steer gear box

butch27

In the newest Borgeson ad in all of the magazines they show a "side steer gear" but I cant find any info on it. Does anyone know what it's from. Looks like a good box for a bucket.

Butch27,

I assume you're wanting a drag link style that runs down the side of the car to the left front spindle. If not then disregard this wandering mind. Not sure if it is a new special design box but on page 12 of their catalog it says the Mustang box can be used as a side steer. You can also get the Vega 140 box and the 525 reversed. You might just call their tech department as they would know if there is an entirely new unit not in the catalog. I seem to remember that one of the MoPar boxes can be used but I'm not sure what year it is. Hope this will help you.

George

http://borgeson.com/Images/2013_Catalog.pdf

I know about the MoPar box BUT the one in the pic looks totally different. I'm calling today. I don't need one but would be good to know its' out there.

A couple of years ago I spent some time at the local U-pull it. I remember that I found several boxes that would work for side steer or cross steer there. We ended up buying and using one from a Suzuki Samarai. This was on a T. It was easy to mount and I think the guy still has the car and drives the wheels off of it. The Mopar and some of them are aluminum if that appeals to you . I have used the Mustang twice ,both times it was mounted below the frame,may be a issue on a real low car.They tell me VW vans work great also. We can still occasionally find Corvair and Vega boxes here yet .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back