Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

So what do you call your car?

QuadBart

NO, Im not asking if you have a name for your car like "Holy Terror" or "Flash"
Although if you did name it and wish to post it, thats fine with me.

I already know what I call my car so Im not asking for advise on that either.

What Im asking is , when someone asks you "WHAT kind of car is that?" OR "What year is it?"

How do you answer? We all know that sometimes whats on the title isnt what we call it otherwise I'd be telling everyone my bucket is a "1980 ford convertable" because thats what the title says.

Yes there are some out there that are registered under the New street rod registration laws that get to list the year and model it Represents, but what about those older car owners, like me.
What does your title say? And how do you answer people?

Im just curious.

I call my car a 1923 T bucket, when I registered it in 1967 they asked me what it was and I told them it was a 1923 Ford Model T. and that's what they put on my title. Things were a lot easier back then.

I tell them that it is a 1925 Model T roadster ( which is on the title). When they are astute enough to question the cowl that looks like a '27 or '27 I tell them that it was a prototype for the '26 that was never produced. LOL Check the picture below.

IMG_1362.jpg

Jim

I call mine a 23 T-Bucket. When titling the car they told me I didn't have enough numbers on the frame to title as a 2006, so they
had to title it as a 1923.

Gary

1923 Ford truck..............It was titled in Texas and when I brought it to New Mexico that is what they did....The last one I titled in NM it was a 2009 Ford rebuilt......but I called it a 1915 Ford.....

I call it a "Hot Rod modeled after a 1923 Ford Model T Truck"

I refer to my pile of parts as the 'future' "Flamin' Fink"!

I'm sometimes inclined to say , "none of your business" , depends on the day but it's titled as a '23 ford model T so that's what I call it!
dave

Mine's titled as a 1923 Ford Model T, the insurance company calls it a replica, and if anybody else asks it's a Ford T Bucket.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back