Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Some guy in California built my T Bucket!

tfeverfred

:D Well, he did a good job of it. He even stole my idea for the rear wheels!:lol:

23T_idea44.jpg

23T_idea45.jpg

23T_idea46.jpg

23T_idea47.jpg

Man, talk about getting motivated to get mine done! Now, I'm back to considering black as my color choice.:confused:

That really is a very beautiful car, did you find the photos on line someplace? I really enjoy looking at all the different variations, lots of great ideas out there. I like the rear tire sizes on this one, the tires aren't too wide but wide enough to look good. I thought about a CCR chassis and body but I think I will wait and see what Thomas thinks about his Spirit kit. Thanks for posting the photos.
Bob

bobj said:
That really is a very beautiful car, did you find the photos on line someplace? I really enjoy looking at all the different variations, lots of great ideas out there. I like the rear tire sizes on this one, the tires aren't too wide but wide enough to look good. I thought about a CCR chassis and body but I think I will wait and see what Thomas thinks about his Spirit kit. Thanks for posting the photos.
Bob

:lol:Interesting that you mentioned CCR because that is how I found this car. I was Googling them looking for a chrome radiator grille and this link to KitCar popped up. Those rear tires are the size I am going to use. This is a CCR T Bucket. They also have a good package if you're looking. Here is the link to the build up.

http://www.kitcarmag.com/featuredvehicles/142_0407_1923_ford_roadster_replica/

Bob, I really love my Spirit kit. That body and body insert with the seat insert is outstanding. My daughter is going to repost my pictures on photobucket in the next couple of days. Maybe I can then post them on this site.

thomas:)

Fred, I too like the looks of that car. Do you know what make and size of those tires? There just might be three of those cars within the next couple of years including yours and mine.;)

Very nice, good stance, tire sizes are good, rims are classic, engine may have a bit of extra chrome, but its not drawing too much attention to itself, guages are clean, interior came out well. I really like the fact that he went with grey carpet, it keeps things from getting lost.

well put together.

Yeah those long radius rods give the CCR design away every time. I have looked at their kits for a long time, their bodies are supposed to be the strongest bodies around, strong enough that they don't require wood reinforcement The problem is I have read a lot of posts on the NTBA website about slow delivery problems, so I hope to have a friend of mine check their business out in person the next time he visits his son in California and see if they carry very much in stock. So many decisions to make, but I think that's part of the fun!

thomas said:
Fred, I too like the looks of that car. Do you know what make and size of those tires? There just might be three of those cars within the next couple of years including yours and mine.;)

Thomas, the tire and wheel sizes are 15x5 and 15x10 chrome steelies wrapped in 195/60R15 and 275/60R15 Goodrich tires.

Yea, that clean look is very pleasing and can be pulled off without a lot of expense or at least I'm trying to do it that way.:D I had some great luck with my engine search today ( I made a thread about it ) and I have a nice lead on a good tranny.

Now we all can't have black retro looking T Buckets. People will think we're a gang or something!:lol: I'm still considering red as a body color, but black is sure hard to resist. I may get generous and let my girl chose the color. I just hope her favorite color isn't mauve!:eek:

tfeverfred said:
I may get generous and let my girl chose the color. I just hope her favorite color isn't mauve!
Oh dear. Watch your step on this one. My second wife HAD to have a Durango, so we sat down and spec'ed out a loaded-up Durango. When it came to color, I was feeling expansive and said, "Honey, it's your Durango, you pick the color."

We ended up with a Deep Amethyst Durango. :sick: Think dark purple. :D

This T is righteous. As Nailbomb mentioned, it is very well done. Everything looks great, but none of it pulls your eye away from anything else. It's hard to look at this one and see things you would want to change, isn't it?

bobj said:
Yeah those long radius rods give the CCR design away every time. I have looked at their kits for a long time, their bodies are supposed to be the strongest bodies around, strong enough that they don't require wood reinforcement. So many decisions to make, but I think that's part of the fun!

Bob, I have read the same thing and not just from their site. They have been in business a little longer than Total, so they have experience behind them as well. At one point in my planning stage, I was going to use Totals '26/'27 frame and go with CCR's extended body. The CCR extended body is 8" longer in the body and the Total '26/'27 frame is also about 8" longer, but I'm not sure if it is in the body area of the chassis. It appears it is. I should have called Total and asked. :eek:That extra room would have been nice for a tall person like me. Ya gotta plan and research! Collect pictures and take notes and ask questions. I was calling Total months before I ordered anything. I did it alot when I was at the stage you are and it has saved me a BUNCH of CASH. Another thing I didn't do that I should have, is seek out a site like this in the planning stages. There is NO substitute for advice from people who have been down the path before you or are going on the same journey. Especially if you are doing a build like I am. A bit at a time.

Oh.... good luck is also a plus! I've had a lot lately.:D

Mike said:
Oh dear. Watch your step on this one. My second wife HAD to have a Durango, so we sat down and spec'ed out a loaded-up Durango. When it came to color, I was feeling expansive and said, "Honey, it's your Durango, you pick the color."

We ended up with a Deep Amethyst Durango. :sick: Think dark purple.

:D I gave her a call this morning and she says it should be red. She mentioned a little Johnny Lightening car that I have on my comp desk.

Picture20.jpg

So, I guess it's red. Here's a pic of a real T Bucket that is fairly close to the look and stance I'm after. It has a lot more chrome than I will, but I think you get the idea. Low, swept back windshield, no bobbles and hopefully trouble free.:lol:

23T_idea17.jpg

Rick said:
Very nice color isn't that a CCR 'Bucket?

Looking at the rear radius rods and the front shock setup, I'd say yes. I found it on a random site and don't have any info on it.

Thats pretty nice, i love the candy red he went with, but i wouldn't have done the frame in it. In my humble opinion it draws a little too much attention to itself on the front end under the radiator. Make the frame a dark neutral color (black, grey, dark brown) and i wouldn't have anything to gripe about at all. I really like the firewall, i've seen those come out too loud too but it works on this one. The tint on the windshield is a nice touch too.

I think I would try going with a brushed aluminum fire wall. Not too shiney and kind of utilitarian. A chrome looking firewall makes me think "show car". That's why I like that Superior radiator. I'd keep it as is. Nice and practical. Well, as practical as a T Bucket could be, I suppose.:D

I'm pretty sure i'm just going to paint mine. Even brushed aluminum can be a pain without a clear on top of it. those little grooves that give it its finish love to trap oil and dirt.

As far as shiney things though, i've heard nothing bad about the mothers powerball. heck i've seen wonderful results on bringing a shine to a old aluminum primary cover.

Here's another nice one with the nostalgia theme going.

23_idea10.jpg

Yes, once again the black is calling me. I'll be making my final choice soon though. When I get ready to paint my engine, it will dictate the body color and so far I'm leaning towards Chevy orange.:confused:

When I started planning I chose black and red because they go very well together. There is also a strong association with 50's nostalgia connected to these colors. I then decided to try and do my build the way a guy from the 50's would do, if he had little money, but access to todays technology. "Nuevo Retro"!:lol: One thing I didn't want to do was fall into the "trying to be traditional" thing. I was happy and red seemed like a good visable color. I liked black for a body color, but had basicaly talked myself out of it. You know, "black is hard to keep clean, etc." Then..... I bought that Rodders Journal:mad:. With my wheels and frame done in black and the suspension done in red, I'm going to just about HAVE to paint the body black. If I paint it black, I'll HAVE to get a little flame job. I mean, how could you own a black Hot Rod and NOT have a flame job?!:lol: And of course red and white pin stripes.:rolleyes:

Man, if someone has a nice pic of a red T Bucket.... PLEASE post it! LOL

Sorry about the rant. It's all part of my planning process.:eek: If you think reading this is bad, my boss has to listen to it all day!:lol:

tfeverfred said:
Here's another nice one with the nostalgia theme going.

23_idea10.jpg

Yes, once again the black is calling me. I'll be making my final choice soon though. When I get ready to paint my engine, it will dictate the body color and so far I'm leaning towards Chevy orange.:confused:

When I started planning I chose black and red because they go very well together. There is also a strong association with 50's nostalgia connected to these colors. I then decided to try and do my build the way a guy from the 50's would do, if he had little money, but access to todays technology. "Nuevo Retro"!:lol: One thing I didn't want to do was fall into the "trying to be traditional" thing. I was happy and red seemed like a good visable color. I liked black for a body color, but had basicaly talked myself out of it. You know, "black is hard to keep clean, etc." Then..... I bought that Rodders Journal:mad:. With my wheels and frame done in black and the suspension done in red, I'm going to just about HAVE to paint the body black. If I paint it black, I'll HAVE to get a little flame job. I mean, how could you own a black Hot Rod and NOT have a flame job?!:dance: And of course red and white pin stripes.:rolleyes:

Man, if someone has a nice pic of a red T Bucket.... PLEASE post it! LOL

Sorry about the rant. It's all part of my planning process.:eek: If you think reading this is bad, my boss has to listen to it all day!:lol:

Hey Fred, your looking at pretty much mine.:D I'm buying my wheels and tires from Cokers. Rear, 285/70R15 3 1/2" WW Front 165/15 3" WW. Solid steel wheels powder coated gloss black w/crome baby moons. $1499.32 shipped to my house. That will be my biggest single purchase since my orginal purchase. After that all my other purchases should be under 600.00 at a time. So, I figure after the tire and wheel purchase. About once a month I'll be able to purchase something for the car.:D

Sounds good. Thomas. I have gone back to black myself. After comitting to it by painting my engine red, the body has to be black to look the way I want. I'll post pics of my T with the power plant installed tomorrow. We got a summer storm just about the time I was getting ready to take pics, so I'm going to do it tomorrow. Plus, there are some chrome goodies I needed to add before I show her off.

Flames arn't the only option. Panneling, scallops, and pinstriping are all great additions to a nice neutral color like black. But if you do want flames, and want some sick airbrushed real flames, i can give you the number to one of the best guys in the country...

he won best flames at the syracuse nationals for bob pitcher(a good friend of mines uncle), and won best paint for county line choppers. Really good guy to work with, i've known him scince i was 5 through family.

or you might just paint it red, and not want anything:) Just be happy with the final result, thats what matters.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back