Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Somerset Cruise

We got here about noon. there are about 10 buckets here and somemore coming tomorrow.

But it is raining so we are bench racing.

Can't wait-- We should be there about 3ish tomorrow (Friday)...Probably take a dip in the pool, relax and cool off for a bit then hook up with you'all and hit the Wal-Mart cruise . Its gonna be a HOT weekend...mid 90's every day. We're packing some serious sunblock. 5 hours driving in open roadsters...gonna be some serious sweating!!

Can't wait-- We should be there about 3ish tomorrow (Friday)...Probably take a dip in the pool, relax and cool off for a bit then hook up with you'all and hit the Wal-Mart cruise . Its gonna be a HOT weekend...mid 90's every day. We're packing some serious sunblock. 5 hours driving in open roadsters...gonna be some serious sweating!!

The plans are to leave the motel parking lot at 4 pm to go to the Walmat cruise. It is 1 light south and on the left from the motel. So hurry along.

we are leaving at 10 this morning to go to Cumberland Falls.

Having a great time, great cruises,and fine food. Had a slight delay on the cruise to Cumberland Falls because SOMEBODY left their radiator cap loose and had to stop and re-tighten it.

Got to Somerset yesterday bout 3:30--no incidents---pretty hot though! We met up with the welcome committee (RPM) then headed down to the pre-show show. Had about 12 buckets there--- met up with BluegrassT, RPM, Bill Browell, and others. The big show and cruise is later today. I'll try to post some pics or the show and cruise later tonight.

We had an absolute blast!!!!! Some bad news, Bill who hosted all this, totaled his bucket last night on the way back from the cruise in. I have not gotten any pictures of the car. Bill is OK walked away with out a scratch or a bruise. We thanks God for that. Bill said something broke inside the rear end and it locked up sending the car into a big skid hitting a parked Toyota truck. No one was hurt. Here is a pic of Bills car out on the cruise before the wreck.
DSCN0659.jpg

Here is a link to about 80 pictures my daughter took some while she was riding with me.
Cruise pics

Nice pics cool little bucket trailer. Glad to hear Bill is Ok.

P1010104.jpg

WOW!!!

We have had a blast. Met people from Indy, Atlanta, Michigan, West Virginia and of course Kentucky. Bill went a little overboard on the excitment factor and I'm glad he is okay. The show downtown was great although a bit warm for most of us. Certainly a show that will be on my schedule again next year. Maybe a little later in the year when we wouldn't melt quite as fast.

Thanks to all who made my weekend such a great time.

I echo Jim's sentiment...met some great guys--several of which don't post much and none that I've met before. Everyone was cool and we all acted like we've know each other for years. Gotta love hotrodding and hotrodders. Couldn't find a better bunch of guys and gals!

The show today was fun and the cruising tonight was pretty cool. Somerset does a good job putting this on...could have been a bot cooler, but spirits stayed pretty high. Here are a few pics from today. Bill was talking about doing this again next year--September. We should definitely make this thing grow!
DSCF0059.jpg
DSCF0083.jpg
DSCF0129.jpg

Hope everyone made it back OK. Our trip back was smooth and uneventful...threaded the needle of a few showers.

I want to publicly thank Bill Browell for setting up the Somerset event for all of us. It was unfortunate what happened with his T, but the important thing is that no one was hurt. I'm sure he's already planning his rebuild and what changes he'll make. We're definitely looking forward to a return trip next year. And to the Ohio, Georgia, and KY contingent, it was great to meet you all!!

I want to thank everybody that came to the event. we had people from seven differnt states come to somerset and share a common bond the love of our T buckets and this fourm.
My specal thanks to RPM for all the help and support and Hillbilly for the grill shell and RPM for offering all the help on my rebuild.
Im already making plans for next year i want to see more buckets here next year so we can put on a nice showing down town Somerset at the car show.

Thanks again Bill

PS has anybody know if Hillbilly made home safe he drove his car 675 miles to get here.

Enjoyed the visit with everyone and looking at all the buckets.
Really had some nice cars.
I hope to bring my 23 to next years show.
I have got it about 60% complete.
Will try to post some pic soon.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back