Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Speedway video

I was just on Speedway's website. They are offering this in a kit form now for around 5K. They had the car that was in the video in their museum last August when I took the grandson's there for their birthdays. It looked like a nice little buggy if you like that style.

It looks to me to be ALOT like Don from Floridas T (which I heard was recently sold). I'll go check out the Speedway Catalog, want to see the frame.

John

I'm impressed with that car and well done video.

On a more somber note, I wonder how far they had to go to find an abandoned factory?

I now think EPA stands for Ending Productivity in America.

I did notice that in that video where Sprit is installing disk brakes on the rear, and making their own bracket, they were not worried about the bleeder screw being in the correct location, should have switched sides for the calipers to be more correct... They also say to not put the caliper in the front and not use drilled rotors, well if it is good enough for a new corvette, that is good enough for me... Just a note so that new guys will get it right...

I'm impressed with that car and well done video.

On a more somber note, I wonder how far they had to go to find an abandoned factory?

I now think EPA stands for Ending Productivity in America.

It's just a couple minutes to the abandoned factory from Speedway. Things ain't as rosey in this state as what it says in the news. I've been looking for something steady for 2 years and I know people that have been at it for 3 to 4 years. The video of the blue T was taken at the speedway complex.

Empty factories are everywhere, but do you think they will rent one for a cheap price??? He!! no!! they say they make more money with it empty... One would sure make a super car club meeting and work space... dang :(
foottap.gif

Empty factories are everywhere, but do you think they will rent one for a cheap price??? He!! no!! they say they make more money with it empty... One would sure make a super car club meeting and work space... dang :(
foottap.gif

I know what you're saying there Ted. I've looked around for a building several times over the years and have come across a couple for a reasonable rent that would have suited my needs but when I checked in with the utility companies to find out an average monthly bill for the property(s) the prices were sky high. I was told that since the property was zoned commercial I would have to pay a commercial rate. I guess they figure that if a business is going to make money from the utility's electricity and gas they should get a cut of the profits. When I told them I wasn't renting for a business but I wanted to rent for personal use they said that I might want to start a business someday so they would have to charge me the commercial rate.
There's always someone out there who is going to try to take advantage of you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back