Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Standard Body dimensions

RBeck

What is the length from the firewall to the base of the kick up on your standard body?

Rick

If you're talking fiberglass reproduction bodies you're going to get different sizes from the original bodies.

I agree with butch that you are going to get a wide variation, however as a point of reference, mine is 45". I have a Spirit standard '23 body, the mold for which was supposedly pulled off of an original steel body.

Diane from CCR let me know their standard body from firewall to the base of the kick up is 39 inches.

I'm wondering if the kick is "let-in" to the back of the body on a CCR set-up. 39" seems kinda short. On mine, the kick is entirely behind the body.

I believe I've seen a picture of the inside of their body that shows the bottom section of the back is at an angle across the back that would meet the Kick angle. Not sure where I saw it though.

I don't know if this will help or not but here is a picture of where the kick up protrudes into my body. If you go to my seat construction in the tech section you'll see that it does not interfere with the seat in any way at all.

Jim

Sorry I missed this post, I have been away from the computer for a few days. From the front of the firewall to the base of the kick is 39 5/8". We use a 45* kick up and the body floor follows that. From that same point it is around 8" to the back of the body.Standard T Bucket Body Floor szd..jpg

Jerry -One of our club in Michigan just put together one of your stretch bodies. He came to our meeting Wed. in Westland, Mi and every one was taken by the workmanship in your bodies and the bed floor..Nice

Is that a CCR body? And are those brackets an option for their interior kit? That's one fine looking body.

Duh! Guess I should be more familar with who's posting! I'm a very excited newbee! I will be ordering one of those! Still would like to know about those brackets though.

The brackets and tubes shown are the body support structure for the door bodies, there is another support at the door post. They do actually act as a mounting point for our interior kit also (two tabs heading back towards the base of the kick up).
Everything that bolts to the body passes thru steel plates, so you have "floor bracket-body floorboard-frame"..."windshield post-body-hinge post plate" (sort of like sandwiching the fiberglass instead of using the fiberglass as structure) . Makes everything strong and holds up well.
I was just going thru this weeks sales and quotes and noticed Diane sent you some prices, thanks for considering us to be your body supplier.

Standard Door body szd(12).jpg

Jerry, is that metal structure present even when just the 81104 body alone is purchased? Or is it included when you step up to the 81105 with door?

The Body support structure only comes in the Door bodies. The CCR non-door bodies are super stout without the bracing. The structure really just keeps the door jam from flexing when the door shuts or if someone were to use the side of the body as support to get in or out.
The built in, one-piece (body and floor), Core Mat floor comes standard in all our bodies except for the 1915 style which does not come with a floor at all.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back