Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Steering Box Location

I think it was Rooster that made a box to cover the joint on his car.

Ron

Is that to say you raised the engine and left the transmission mount alone. Just adding a slight angle to engine/transmission?

I had a set of --12-- spokes and the oil pan is-- 5 --inches off the ground. I put a set of chrome spoke wires a few years back and it dropped the pan down to-- 3-- inches off the ground. I put a skid plate, but wish I had kept my 12 spokes, plus they would be worth more money.

Set screws backing out? Replace them with drilled head bolts and safety wire them.

Drilled bolt or bolt drilling fixture (it may not be PC to say jig these days) , safety wire and safety wire pliers all available at

aircraftspruce.com

Set screws backing out? Replace them with drilled head bolts and safety wire them.

Drilled bolt or bolt drilling fixture (it may not be PC to say jig these days) , safety wire and safety wire pliers all available at

aircraftspruce.com

I am such a dumb arse I can't believe I didn't do (or think of) that last time mine fell out. Talk about excitement. I did lock tite the setscrew and the jam nut though.

I see you have the biscuit type motor mounts. If you added a 1/2 inch spacer under them and a 1/2 inch spacer under the transmission you may have enough room.

On one of my customers cars I used a Suzuki Samurai steering box mounted up between the radiator and engine using a cross link to the right wheel to keep the bumpster to a minimum a couple of small u-joints ant heim joints and the steering worked awsome.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back