Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Steering Box Lube

Corn head grease for corvair Kroger manual boxes , less than $5 per tube attack stores , Lowe's etc.......doesn't leak..!

They both seem to be the same weight grease, NLGI#00 but the Corn head is a Polyurea base and the Penrite is lithium based. I guess you can use either/or BUT YOU CAN'T MIX THE TWO.

The Penrite is good gear, they have a huge range of oil and grease products. Made in Australia. I use the Steering box lube for the cone bearings on bikes when someone is looking for smoother running bearings with less drag.
Regards,

They both seem to be the same weight grease, NLGI#00 but the Corn head is a Polyurea base and the Penrite is lithium based. I guess you can use either/or BUT YOU CAN'T MIX THE TWO.
I've been maintaining my own and other folks vehicles for 55 years and have never been told or read anything about mixing grease , maybe that's a real deal , I've never heard of it , I do know that the ball joints that I replaced in my 73-3/4 ton truck in 86 have had whatever grease was cheap , free or in the gun , and after 285 K miles their still tight ????

I've been maintaining my own and other folks vehicles for 55 years and have never been told or read anything about mixing grease , maybe that's a real deal , I've never heard of it , I do know that the ball joints that I replaced in my 73-3/4 ton truck in 86 have had whatever grease was cheap , free or in the gun , and after 285 K miles their still tight ????
I'm like you, grab a tube along with some oil when I do an oil change, but looking for lube for a Corvair box, I came across a bunch of different articles. No, not written by Billy Bob Shade Tree Mechanic, but by engineers. Here's one of many, I'm just putting it out there to make people aware, not to start an argument, you make the decision ... Recommendations for Mixing Greases

I know that there was an airliner crash years ago that was blamed on mixing grease. A screw jack seized up that operated the elevator.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back