Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Steering column in a spirit t bucket body

bigfrank330

Hey
Can anybody with a Spirit T bucket give me any help with steering column and brake pedal locations in the floor
It is time to start drilling in the floor and if anybody can give me the exact locations that would be very helpful
I am using the Spirit Brake pedal and a 35" column 2' in diameter
HELP PLEASE
Thank you
Frank

Get your body square on the chassis and bolted down, then rotate your brakearm (without the pedal) up to the bottom of the floor and mark it. You can cut the hole there then you will need to elongate it as the brake arm travels the full swing, just keep trimming it carful to not cut too much at a time. I used a drill and stepped bit for the initial hole, then a dremmel with a cutting wheel to elongate the hole.
On the steering column, if you have a regular body, I would recommend to call Josh and he could send you out the dash cutout pattern and the floor pattern. I have the extended body and dropped the column and used two borgeson ujoints. If you use just the one ujoint you have to get the column just perfect, thats why it is easier to use the patterns.
Check out this link:
Hope this helps
P1120593.JPG

IMAG0081.jpg

steves_steering_1.jpg

P1120484.JPG

Call Josh at Spirit and they will send you a cardboard template that locates the cut locations.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back