Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Stiff suspension

Which rear radius rods makes not a bit of difference in how the chassis rides, except corners are flatter with hair pin type, springs and shocks do that for you and where they are located...

Huummm. in theory that should not be true. due to the geometry of the hairpin style, when used on the rear, if one wheel hits a bump the rear axle can't twist like the front, so some of that energy should be transfered to the other side, ultimatly making the suspension feel stiffer. perhaps much of that energy is absorbed by the hairpins themselves? doesn't seem possible.

Russ

Matters little if it is the front or the rear, the springs and shocks are the main controllers of ride, then wheels and tires also make a huge difference in ride ability, lets face it a well set up Go-Kart will handle but a soft ride is out the window... if all the mounts are solid, no rubber or soft type ends, then this will cause harsh ride, just like a race chassis, we hopefully are talking street suspension here... Let's be honest, track type suspension is not built for good ride, traction to the track is number 1, whether it is cornering or straight track, a comfy ride is a secondary thought.

All the people that are using IRS and or IFS on a T Bucket, have lost some of the old look (but gained a more comfortable ride)that makes a Bucket a Bucket, but to each His or Her own when it comes to a home built car of any type, it is to their pleasure that the car was built in the first place...
There is no winning when it comes to (talking about) other's rides... I have got a real nice ride out of my T by spending years making changes to the suspension, and it turns in a 22 ft. OD radius to boot, I could not stand having a car that will not get into any parking space in one pass... Build safe and drive safer... :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back