Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Strength of the S-10 rear axels

Mike: I think you should do an old school lakes look like this: 6 individual pipes into one 3" or 4" pipe that goes along the whole passenger side of the car. Imagine the sound of the 6-banger at speed! Woo Hoo!

I think I paid something like $ 125.00 for mine and I tipped the guy $ 25 because he forklifted the Blazer up and torched the rear end out for me. It was well worth it because all I had to do was load it up and drive away. We don't have a lot of junkyards here so the prices are a little steeper than some places I guess. Mine is a 3;00 ratio and if the car wasn't so light it would be too tall, but I do get fantastic gas mileage.

Don

I'm running 33/21/50's on mine and have punished it with the s-10 rear and does really well [but i dont know what rear gear ratio is yet,but it is high and i am running a 3-speed stick in it ] It may brake on the next trip out but has served well so fare and i run the 7.5 rears in my full sized builds and they do well also ,its all around just a good rear end!

A 7.5 Chevy axle is a great choice. But just to throw one in a 8.8 ford out of a explorer are ranger is a good choice like the 7.5 it is cheap will have a good ratio and there is alot of limited slip out there and it will be a little stronger axle.

Found this on graigs list 30 min. from my house.

"Stock 10 bolt open rear end, 302 gear with brakes.- $50"

Seems like a fair deal, i'm gonna call him and see what year it's out of.

Mike

Hey Ben!!

Yeah, that's a good deal. I don't know the year yet, I would like to take your advice and get a newer model if i can. I'm searching craigslist and have found a dozen or so. wooohooo

Mike

Hey, for $40-$50 bucks you can't go wrong either way, but if it is a newer one snap it up.

I'd like to thank everybody for guiding me in the purchase of my rear end. I'm posting this in my project update thread also but I would of made a costly mistake if it wasn't for the great advice here! Thanks again!

Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back