Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

stroked545 bad news, bad night

retired49

Well tonight was the first night i really got my foot all the way in the carb, she spun around hit a curb and rolled it,,,,,will post pics

What did you expect? Buckets are 4 wheel rockets. I'm an ex-race car driver and I respect this car too much to get crazy with it. They are FUN- but you got too be cool when driving them.

Thank God you weren't hurt, these little cars can be a lot of fun but like butch27 said you have to respect them.

Like others have said I'm glad you're okay. Do you know what caused the problem? Mechanical breakage? Or just too much horsepower?

My guess pilot error.

I'd be in big trouble if I put in a monster motor like that. I'm sticking to my stock 327.:cool:

The tire tracks ran about 100 ft. Straight as an arrow then took a sharp right went another 50 ft hit the curb with both pass tires, their is a video of it not very gooxd quality but it appears from the video when it shifted to 2nd. It started going right...not a mechanical problem. I think maybe their is to many horses and i had them all running...on a good note the roll bar worked perfect and saved me and the car extreme damage.my opinion is to much power and not enough weight on back tires, but i walked away without even a scratch. As far as respect , i respect my car but i am not a bench racer i built the car the way i want it but if you never free the horses how can you honestly say how it runs, i did it in an empty parking lot and i can say my car runs like a raped ape. Now i will fix it and get on with driving and enjoying it. Thanks for everyone concern i appreciate it..all i can say is think about a roll bar..i believe the vid is on youtube i will get pics up

Not much to see there. Glad to hear you are still around. Good luck & God Bless Kinda like having a race horse and keeping it in the stable. These LITTLE cars don't take much Hosspower to really move out. Anyways keep the shiny side up and the rubber down.

The roll bar was out of a pick up cut and welded to fit t bucket, those tires was put on to transport decause the 31x 18.5 x15 blew out when hit curb and the t bucket has posi rearend,,,,the guy that owns that tow truck does not own a hot rod but if you need a hot rod towed any time in st clair county he will tow it for free he likes hot rods and the owners, it might not look pretty but it gets it done

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back