Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T Boy Update

You are right as far as that body type needing a bumper, it pulls it all together, not to forget it will serve it's purpose in life... could save a nasty crunch.. ouch!!! :)

All I can say it that I never want to test its capabilities.

I'm thinking that the high back on that body may really cut down on passenger wind issues, especially if the windshield is laid back just a bit...?... You are doing doors aren't you.?.. Without those you'd be back in wind city... Great work so far!

Love the bumper Just last week I backed the Mark II Jag into the shop door opening trying to get as close as I could, and the bumper saved the car from a ding. Shop got a small one though... Wish my neck moved like it used to so I could see stuff... Those front fender mount mirrors I put on the Jag look great, but just don't help much. HA!

As far as wind goes? hard to say which I like best, top on? or off? Had it on for the first 12 years or so, then off for a few and then on for a few, now off... I can tell you it is much quieter without the top, plus I made it much quieter when I ran the exhaust out back, best thing I ever did to get more comfort, I think... Wind? I guess I will have to pay closer attention and check that out, as I am wanting to cut out in the riders side door, room to step in real easy, my back and knees don't like that big step any more... and a side step is not so great with the top on... Ya think guys?

As far as wind goes? hard to say which I like best, top on? or off? Had it on for the first 12 years or so, then off for a few and then on for a few, now off... I can tell you it is much quieter without the top, plus I made it much quieter when I ran the exhaust out back, best thing I ever did to get more comfort, I think... Wind? I guess I will have to pay closer attention and check that out, as I am wanting to cut out in the riders side door, room to step in real easy, my back and knees don't like that big step any more... and a side step is not so great with the top on... Ya think guys?

Funny that you mention the door. The initial motivation for my T-Boy body project was to get two doors and I knew that the original glass body that I had was too short for me so there was no point working from a bad start.

Hello all:

I know, I know, where have I been??? Well, between trying to make a living and using the limited time that I have left to work in my shop on the car after all of the family duties are taken care of of course, I havent forced myself to participate on the forum as I should, shame on me :spank:

I have made progress and the car is now on the road, but not yet finished. I am in the midst of fabricating some custom headlight brackets with integral turn signals and running lights so I can get out there in the evening.

Weather permitting this weekend(no rain), I will get her outside and take a few photos to post.

Be back soon...

Who made that body? I like it!!!!!!!

He did. There are pics somewhere on here of when he first started with a square tube framework then added the sheetmetal.

Great workmanship.

Needs an orange Hour Glass on the trunk ,,,JK,, man you have done some great work and mad skills ..

Who made that body? I like it!!!!!!!

He did. There are pics somewhere on here of when he first started with a square tube framework then added the sheetmetal.

Great workmanship.

Thank you for the kudos. Actually, I have looked for the original post which had over 1200 replies over time and cant seem to find it. If you do, please let me know so I can revisit all of the great input.

Steve

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back