Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-Bucket Covers

Duke

I know nothing about car covers, are they a good idea ? If so where can I get one for a T-Bucket and what is a good one to get. I know Total Performance has them, just wanting to shop and compare. Also like I say I haven't a clue about covers, whats good whats bad. Any advice would be very welcome.

We just have a couple of Badger brand ones that are made for compact cars like Honda's etc. There is some overhang, but they are relatively cheap and available everywhere.

BTW, wait till your headers cool off before you put it on.........don't ask how I know.

Don

Don't let your timing light pickup lead touch hot headers, same reason you know about car covers. :lol:

My Son Don can also tell you not to bend down to look for leaks under the car and then touch your head to the hot header. :eek: When we got his T running the first night that is what he did, for some reason his Brother Dan cracked up. Here is a little video of that mishap. :lol::lol:

YouTube - jr burned his noggin

Don

PS: It was just a little burn, he healed fine. (sorry to hijack, but I thought you might get a laugh out of this)

Duke said:
I know nothing about car covers, are they a good idea ? If so where can I get one for a T-Bucket and what is a good one to get. I know Total Performance has them, just wanting to shop and compare. Also like I say I haven't a clue about covers, whats good whats bad. Any advice would be very welcome.

I had one custom fitted by California Car Covers... fits like a glove... took all kinds of measurements and came out perfect... I upgraded to waterproof fabric that is very light... was great investment.

i have totals cover and it fits perfect
but i have the pro street size rear tires and the cover wont strecth enuff to fit over the tires i just put it over both sides of the bed
that is something to keep in mind when buying
i wish i had thought of that before buying

I just bought a water-resistant cover for medium-size cars at Advance for something like $40. Keeps moisture off the car and hopefully discourages folks from messing with the car. I don't have a top and the medium-size cover fits perfectly. You may need the large cover if you have a top.

LumenAl said:
I had one custom fitted by California Car Covers... fits like a glove... took all kinds of measurements and came out perfect... I upgraded to waterproof fabric that is very light... was great investment.

I get a catalog from CCC in the mail several times a year. They will sew up a custom fit cover acording to their catalog, looks like pretty nice work and they seem to have a lot of color and material options. Along with a lot of other products...."BH"
Cal Car Cover – Custom Fit Car Covers, Motorcycle Covers, Cleaning Products, Garage Accessories, Collectibles and More

I got a car cover for an Infinity off of ebay for about $20 and it fits fine.

NOTE: water resistant or water repellent DOES NOT mean waterproof.

I bought one before that was water resistant and had it on the car at some overnight show. It rained during the night and took the cover off and had about 2 inches of water in the floor. (This is before I went home and drilled two 1" holes in the floor, one each side)

I then bought the Tevik cover off ebay for an Infinity and it IS WATERPROOF.

donsrods said:
My Son Don can also tell you not to bend down to look for leaks under the car and then touch your head to the hot header. :eek:quote]

ha ha ha, glad I am not the only one.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back