Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T roadster body question

LRS30

I am curious if there was ever a company that repoped steel T roadster bodies in the 70's? I have never heard of any to the best of my knowledge, but thats why I am asking. I ran into a fellow who swears he has a aftermarket steel body from the 70's. I proposed that maybe it was an original, and he said that the previous owner told him it was a steel repop from the 70's and it's a repop because it doesn't have a vin tag, an neither door opens.... At that point I stopped offering my opinion, and just listened..... So that's why I am posting this question to you guys, I don't claim to know everything, and am always willing to learn, so with that said, I'm all ears!

I am curious if there was ever a company that repoped steel T roadster bodies in the 70's? I have never heard of any to the best of my knowledge, but thats why I am asking. I ran into a fellow who swears he has a aftermarket steel body from the 70's. I proposed that maybe it was an original, and he said that the previous owner told him it was a steel repop from the 70's and it's a repop because it doesn't have a vin tag, an neither door opens.... At that point I stopped offering my opinion, and just listened..... So that's why I am posting this question to you guys, I don't claim to know everything, and am always willing to learn, so with that said, I'm all ears!

There was no VIN tag on any T body before '27 and even then it was the engine number as it was for the '23 to '25 T bodies.

Jim

Go to this site: http://modelt.org/discus/messages/2/6257.html?1249150644 Check the third answer on that page and you'll see where they put a serial or vin number on the frame which corresponds to the engine number. All previous T's only had the engine number on the right side of the block.

Jim

That's what I was telling the guy, and the more he went on about it, it sounded like what he has is a real T body, but he is going off what someone else was telling him. I am hoping to look at it next week, as he has it priced very reasonable...

You better buy it while you can, if not give me a hoot and I'll buy it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back