Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tail lights

tfeverfred

I decided to go with Model A tail lights for a clean, classic look. I like the Model T carriage lights, but feel that these will better suit my theme.

taillights.jpg

I like my project being at the point where the little things like lights and gauges will effect the look. Of course, this also brings indecision on some things that I would like and what will work. I've dicovered that I'm my own worst critic. Having an art background is a struggle, when working on a car as the medium. Plus, the cost of wants is an issue too.

RPM has finished one of my headlight stands and sent me a few pics. I'll post those in my project thread when they arrive next week, but I can tell you that they are coming out great!

Those are the same lights I'm running. I have them mounted down below the bed.

Rick said:
You gonna use one or two?

Two. The more light behind this thing, the better.:lol:

Good choice Fred. On one of the modifieds I've worked on, we used the A light in the center of the rear crossmember and a '32 light on each side. The A light had the lic. light in it so that centered the plate on the back of the car. Kind of a vintage third light type of deal.

Ron

donsrods said:
I'm using a similar light, a pair of '32 units. Actually pretty bright, surprisingly.

Don

That's good to hear. I heard a few people say they painted the inside white and that improved them even more.

Those will look very nice,and yes briter the better for todays other drivers,sure had less nuts on the road just before i got my first car in 1958:lol:and it's getting awfull,we need lots of light and a ray gun would be good too!;)

RPM has finished one of my headlight stands and sent me a few pics. I'll post those in my project thread when they arrive next week, but I can tell you that they are coming out great!

got them both done Fred. Going UPS Monday

Fred, I think what helps the brightness is that my lights are stainless, like the ones you pictured. The shiny interior seems to offer some reflectivity. I know mine are pretty bright and when I hit the brakes they really light up.

Don

Kind of cheep reflic thats better then with paint,can be done with thin shiny alum duck tape u pull the paper off of,to stick to stuff,it's real ez to cut and put inside. keeps it shine pritty good over time.:cool:

Kinda wild, but I'm thinkin about using 58 chevy biscayne taillights. Four bulbs=no excuses for not noticing.

I know what those look like and I think they would be neat on a hot rod. :lol: Post some pictures when you put them on.

Don

Wow, I just had a dumb thought. On my Model A tail lights, is the upper, large portion the brake light and the lower, small light the running light? it seems like the bigger one would need to be for the brake due to increased size and that's how I will wire it, but I just wanted to know for sure.

Anybody know?

You are correct on your assumption Fred. The upper lens is for stop and turn.

I used a Model A light mounted in the center and 49 Ford lights on each side. The Model A light is hooked up as a third brake light and license light.

ZomBrian said:
Here ya go.

stuff017.jpg

Just using what is on hand.
I really need a garage.:eek:

Those are cool as all get out!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back