Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

TECH QUESTION: Brake pedal

tfeverfred

I got my gas pedal assembly yesturday and today I'm looking at placement. One thing I noticed a few times in the past was that sometimes my right foot would drag against the brake pedal when I pulled my foot back and pull the brake pedal BACKWARD (towards the driver). When this happens I have to reach down and place the pushrod back where it should go. It doesn't come out past the boot, but it is still something I'd rather not happen when I get to driving.

I'm thinking of making a stop or maybe attaching a spring to keep it from moving in the wrong direction inadvertantly. I am using the Total Performance chassis with their brake pedal/master cylinder setup.

Any thoughts?

tfeverfred said:
I got my gas pedal assembly yesturday and today I'm looking at placement. One thing I noticed a few times in the past was that sometimes my right foot would drag against the brake pedal when I pulled my foot back and pull the brake pedal BACKWARD (towards the driver). When this happens I have to reach down and place the pushrod back where it should go. It doesn't come out past the boot, but it is still something I'd rather not happen when I get to driving.

I'm thinking of making a stop or maybe attaching a spring to keep it from moving in the wrong direction inadvertantly. I am using the Total Performance chassis with their brake pedal/master cylinder setup.

Any thoughts?

Fred i used a universal throttle spring cause it's huge long ways you just bend it to fit tighten your bolts and cut the excess away.

Rick said:
Fred i used a universal throttle spring cause it's huge long ways you just bend it to fit tighten your bolts and cut the excess away.

Thanks! Sounds like a winner. I just happen to have one laying around, too!;)

Would a smaller pedal pad help?

Youngster said:
Would a smaller pedal pad help?

No, not really. I just don't like the fact that the pedal could flop down and basicly leave me without brakes at a very bad time. I posed the question on the NTBA and got some good ideas there as well. The spring sounds good as well as some other suggestions I got. Just a little more to keep me busy this weekend.:)

Strange that Total didn't think of that or maybe they did. I didn't ask them about it.

How about smaller feet? :) :rofl:

Youngster said:
How about smaller feet? :) :rofl:

:lol:I kinda knew that was coming. What took so long!?:lol:

Look for anwers first... then comes the whimsy stuff!!!!!

Don's Rod Shop in Dayton, Ohio area had a self-contained brake return spring and an aluminum piece that fit over the front end of the M/C. Pretty neat set-up.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back