Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ted brown

LRS30

TedBrown.jpg

Ted I have a complaint I sent my money in for my T-shirt and decal and 3 weeks ago and have yet to see them.....:razz: Thought you guys might get a kick out of this, see add on bottom left of page.. ......Ryan

LRS30 said:
TedBrown.jpg

Ted I have a complaint I sent my money in for my T-shirt and decal and 3 weeks ago and have yet to see them.....:razz: Thought you guys might get a kick out of this, see add on bottom left of page.. ......Ryan
I am still wating for the slow snail mail.. :lol: (was thinking of trying to do that again, same price) My Lady Friend sent a package to Her Daughter in Law in Georgia over 2 months ago, and the post office just Yesterday, sent her a piece of the outer wrapper to her package, wanting to know what was in the package... I do believe I like UPS better, myself.. :) Service is getting bad...

This was posted on Blogspot a couple months ago... Heres to you :lol: Ted!!!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Ted Brown: T-Bucket Chassis Designer Extraordinaire

Ted Brown was a young hot rodder from Minnesota who heeded the advice to "go west young man" to seek fame and fortune. Man, was he ever successful!

After arriving in Southern California, Ted had the opportunity to see Norm Grabowski's "Kookie" T-bucket at the famous Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake and "was totally blown away". "That car is what got me wanting to build those types of rods," Ted said recently. But first Ted went into partnership with another legendary chassis builder, Chuck Finders, and contributed to the success of many of the nationally successful A/Gas Supercharged cars of the day, including Stone Woods & Cook, K.S. Pittman, Jr. Thompson, Hamberis & Mitchell and, my personal favorite, the MGM-C & O Hydro AG/S Austin pickup.

About 10 years ago, I bought a set of the California Custom Roadsters (CCR) T-bucket chassis plans and blogged about them last year. I was particularly taken with the CCR logo image with its rakish lines and sleek top.

Not too long ago, I was looking at an old Rod & Custom from the early 70s and noticed an uncanny resemblence to the CCR image in a Ted Brown Chassis ad.

After researching my old magazines a bit more, I then made the connection. The first ads for the CCR plans, which ran in 1973, referred to "Plans & Data for building the famous Ted Brown/Bill Keifer Chassis." I then learned that Ted established CCR in 1971 with Bill Keifer as his partner; the CCR plans were Ted's unique, original design; and Ted was eventually eased out and no longer given credit for his unique frame design which was built by CCR into thousands of T-buckets and by plan set purchasers into many more thousands (estimated at 4000 T-buckets in 1977). Net result, Ted Brown is perhaps the most influential, yet totally unrecognized, T-bucket chassis designer of all time.

Today, Ted is "retired" in Bakersfield, CA and still driving his T-bucket which has racked up over 200,000 miles and has been home to a variety of engines, including Buick nailhead as well as big block and small block Chevys.
Posted by John at 7:40 PM
Labels: California Custom Roadster, plans, t-bucket, Ted Brown, Ted Brown Chassis

Ted..."crs" turns into "craft" if you don't keep on top of it or something I can't remember....
I remember your shop on Bellflower next to Dan Woods rim's and Jim Babb's Radiator shop's
Does that make me old or just younger then you.

Ted Brown said:
Ain't it amazing how others know more about these adds and facts than I do, and where to find them... well more than I recall these Days, CRS has a good hold of me.. hehe I will have to save them some how... Thanks :lol:

Ted, I just decided to do a quick google search on your name to see what would come up... I googled "ted brown t bucket" and that was the first or second link that came up.

dan eichstedt said:
Ted..."crs" turns into "craft" if you don't keep on top of it or something I can't remember....
I remember your shop on Bellflower next to Dan Woods rim's and Jim Babb's Radiator shop's
Does that make me old or just younger then you.
Dan, I sometimes wish we could go back to those times, it was a BLAST!!!:lol:

Yes, if some of the younger guys on this site could have been in our play ground. They would know what driving a T every day to work and cruse
with the Early Times every Tuesday night to some great spot. There was something to day every week end. San Diego to Frisco. And when it rained we got wet ! but we always had some place to go.

As you probably know, I had a close friend that said you drive, I'll buy the gas, so, every night we went cruzin to everywhere, some place different each trip, places that most T Buckets would never go, Loved those days and all the friends back then.. You were a wild one.. :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back