Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The photo and the question

TubT

This is the photo and question I was trying to post a few days ago.

So...how do you think this would work chopped, maybe bright red, tan leather interior, towing the Tub T?

6065648633_659048547b_z.jpg

I have to admit that it's not what I thought it was when I first saw it sitting along the road south of town. In fact, I didn't realize what it was until we visited D&D Restorations at the Nationals in Dayton, OH.

Pity it wasn't a 2 door. It's a little ugly but a 2 door would probably look a lot better. I'd rather grab that F100 tray behind it, and make a camper/trailer to tow behind the T mate!

I hate to cut up the old ones that are in good shape and carry on the past for those that remember, BUT I have my views and others have theirs. How about a chop and suicide on the rear doors, lowered and cannot get a handle on red, but it might be right. Would have to see it maybe photo shopped.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

I would leave the roof where it is, dechrome the sides and get it as low as I could, and then put on the red paint etc. Im guessing its a 46/47 Nash or something from that family (Packard maybe). A set of chromies and whitewalls would finish the outside.

And I guess that standards 350/350/9 inch running gear and maybe a Jag XJ front end (1969-86) and you will have a car that will take you anywhere in style

That car is a 1949 Packard 8. The '46 &'47's had a completely different grill and '48's had the same grill as the '49 but had no side chrome. There is a local guy that has a chopped two door in bright yellow that attends most of the Orlando area cruises. Pretty cool car.

Jim

P.S. I might also add that there were 12,532 of the Standard 8 produced and 27,438 of the Deluxe 8 produced. As you can see, with those low production figures they are a rather rare find today, especially in the relatively good condition depicted in the photo.

I hate to cut up the old ones that are in good shape and carry on the past for those that remember, BUT I have my views and others have theirs. How about a chop and suicide on the rear doors, lowered and cannot get a handle on red, but it might be right. Would have to see it maybe photo shopped.

Not that I'm going to actually pursue this car at all, but, if I did, what color would you suggest? Somebody suggested a metallic root beer brown, but I don't know...

I saw one at D&D Restorations in cream, and it looked pretty good.

you guy's all missed it why tow the Tub T wasn't built to drive?

Excellent question. The answer is that after the Nationals, we both have to be back to work on Monday, and a 1,000 mile trip in less than 24 hours in the Tub T falls into the definition of "not fun at all." In addition, any breakdown would be a very serious problem.

But the main reason I put it that way is that it was a theoretical question, anyway.

I under stand just hate to pass up a chance to poke someone i Just can't beleve that got by all the ribbers

I under stand just hate to pass up a chance to poke someone i Just can't beleve that got by all the ribbers

It might have something to do with the fact that we've made every NTBA Nationals since 2001, no matter how far they've been from us.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back