Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The weather

der Spieler

I know you yankees (Todd, Youngster) are suffering through this cold snap but down south of the 40th parallel in Iowa we have a balmy -23 degrees this morning and no wind. If I can get a tee time I might try to get in a round of golf today (No wind = less slice).

I received an email this morning from a friend who lives in Las Vegas (Henderson). His words were a real testament to his resolve to fight the elements to play golf, the game he loves, in the conditions he was faced with. He said: "(I) played Nellis (AFB) Tue & Wed in short sleeve shirt and shorts. Think the afternoon high was 67 but the wind chill made it seem like 66.8!"

If he were into cars I know he would be out there driving the wheels off of his T-bucket. The commitment. The fortitude. The almost-superhuman desire to enjoy the moment. C'mon T owners, get out there and rack up those miles. At road speeds your exposed skin will freeze in just a few minutes. As the numbness sets in and the discomfort wanes you will be able to really live the experience. Show'em what you're made of.

Oh, by the way. I couldn't get a tee time and since I don't have a T-bucket anymore I'm going to sit inside in front of the TV, sip a little scotch and try to stay warm.

-71 with the wind chill factor here in the Detroit area.No t-bucketting for this old fart today

Rick said:
-71 with the wind chill factor here in the Detroit area.No t-bucketting for this old fart today

So my attempt at being inspirational failed?

Right now at 11:50 were a BALMY 10 with no wind chill factored in

this isn't gonna help but it's supposed to be in the mid seventies today, wind is blowing but it's not to bad so far. chaz

Rick said:

WTH? -71* Damn thats cold! The worst I have ever been in was -60* in Denver about Twenty years ago. Went out to start my car two hours before I had to go to work. Door lock was frozen, but the car started. Ran the heater on full blast while I got ready. Came back out to drive to work and the car was still cold inside. Finally warmed up when I arrived at work.

Its only supposed to get up to about high 70's to low 80's today with 40-70 mph of Wind! I'm headed outside to strap everything down and secure other loose items.

Stay warm guys and gals.

chaz75 said:
this isn't gonna help but it's supposed to be in the mid seventies today, wind is blowing but it's not to bad so far. chaz

What would your temp be once you calculate the chill factor?

It's very sunny and -6 here in Northern Illinois right now, that should be the high today. The latest prediction is calling for -17 tonight. We set a new record with 9 consecutive days of measurable snow fall.

Was listening to the radio today and back in 1936 there was a month long stretch, jan 15th thru feb 15th where in Fargo ND it did not get above zero the entire time. Its been -25 to -35 here at night and has not been above zero for the last few days, I dont count windchill anymore. Suck it up guys, someplace theres canadians laughing at you! lolololol

Sorry men I know I haven't posted in a few weeks my computer went down just got it back today. I know I have missed some forms and it's always good stuff so I will be looking at the old ones tonight for sure. And by the way it was 7 degrees in NC today -7 are so with wind still the coldest day this year for me.

-20 again with a -34 windchill. Have you noticed with the cold weather sound travels farther and is clearer?

Todd said:
-20 again with a -34 windchill. Have you noticed with the cold weather sound travels farther and is clearer?

Yep. iIn my air traffic control days I could tell when it was getting colder by how loud the planes were when they were taking off. In the summer you really didn't notice it but in the winter they were really loud.

It's -21 here right now. I think it's colder than they forecast. Supposed to get up to 16 later on today.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back