Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Thoughts...

Bubblehead

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I thought this might be fun to think about/reply to (if you wish).

Please finish the sentence-

My favorite thing that I have changed or added to my T since I built or bought it is...

This is an easy one! The best addition to my ride since it was finished is my Southern Indiana homegrown seat cover (Otherwise known as Tracey!). She's a trooper and will put up with long rides and even cool mornings. She would say the seat heaters that I added in the build after I met her but before I had the upholstery done is the best feature. (I'm a distant second!). Jim will back me up that it is so much more enjoyable to go for a cruise with a loving women who "gets it".

This sign hangs in my garage:

GIVE A GUY A WOMAN
HE'LL BE HAPPY FOR A NIGHT
GIVE A GUY A CAR
HE'LL BE HAPPY FOR A YEAR
GIVE A GUY A WOMAN WHO LOVES CARS
HE'LL BE HAPPY FOREVER

Sounds to me like you've found a keeper there, Ben!

Jim

This sign hangs in my garage:

GIVE A GUY A WOMAN
HE'LL BE HAPPY FOR A NIGHT
GIVE A GUY A CAR
HE'LL BE HAPPY FOR A YEAR
GIVE A GUY A WOMAN WHO LOVES CARS
HE'LL BE HAPPY FOREVER

Sounds to me like you've found a keeper there, Ben!

Jim

Unfortunately, Tracey is not as in to cars as I am... She's pretty cool, but not a "Car Crazy" as I'd like (yet- I'm working on it!). Doesn't matter...I would trade in all my rides to keep her.

Unfortunately, Tracey is not as in to cars as I am... She's pretty cool, but not a "Car Crazy" as I'd like (yet- I'm working on it!). Doesn't matter...I would trade in all my rides to keep her.

Nan was much the same when we first met but she is all for it now. Don't rush her too much and be sure to do some things that she likes and you'll do just fine.

Jim

Everything is pretty much the same as when I finished the car...except the air in the tires. I removed a bunch of air from the tires and likely saved myself from severe kidney damage, lol. It rides much better now. :thumbsup:

My favorite thing that I have changed or added to my T since I built or bought it is...

MILES, MILES, MILES, MILES, and some more MILES.

This is a great thread, especially in the dead cold of winter. I just bought my car last summer, and it needed a lot of help. It was a poorly done (in my opinion) rat rod and needed some aesthetic appeal. I am still building the car and plan to have it ready this summer in a drivable (yet unfinished) condition. Whenever I look at my car my eye is drawn to the customized Farmall tractor nose I added. It is a little different on a T bucket, but I really like how it is turning out.
Grill 1.jpg

Mines not finished yet but so far my favorite part is the lift bars I fabricated when building the rear suspension.

Well, it was planned all along, but my favorite addition is the paint. I drove the car for about 9 months in primer and people thought it was a "cute" or "interesting" variation on a T-bucket. Since I painted and lettered it the early race car theme comes through and it draws lots of lookers wherever I park it. Some of the older folks have stories about when they went to the "hotrod races" back in the late '40s and early '50s.:D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back