Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tire mounting

hcubed

Does anyone know of a Orlando area tire shop that can mount a pair of Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R 29x18.00R15LT tiress on a set of 15"x15" Team III wheels?
They might be too wide for some mounting machines....

Ask your local speed shop. Or even some of the parts houses like NAPA, Auto Zone or O'Reilly's.

Might try Discount Tire (only one I know of is on JYP just south of Sand Lake - although I know they have more locations there). They sell custom wheels so they may be able to do it.

Check some 4X4 places that do tires and lifts. They're set up for the big stuff.

I get my T-bucket rear tires (15 x 15 rims) mounted and balanced at Discount Tire. Actually, I look around and find the lowest price I can for whatever tire I want and then go to Discount. They will usually get me the same tire for less than everyone else if I have a competitor's price to show them.

How about a Mickey Thompson dealer. There seem to be plenty in Orlando Florida.

FIND A DEALER

MickeyThompsonDealersInOrlando.JPG

I just had a flat on my C cab MT 33X22.5X15 called weld wheel and they referred me to Discount tire. Good service and price was right.

Ditto on Discount Tire but mine were the Sportsman 29x15 and done here in Michigan. However, assuming all DT's have similar service...I have had several very good experiences with the DT store on John Young.

Ditto on Discount Tire but mine were the Sportsman 29x15 and done here in Michigan. However, assuming all DT's have similar service...I have had several very good experiences with the DT store on John Young.
I bought tires for my truck there a couple times. Fair price, good service, they actually fixed an alignment issue that the dealer couldn't figure out.

I just returned from DT and had them install the MT inertube they ordered for me. The only problem was that 33.5 was too big for there balancer .
Drove home at 76 mph no vibration.

Thnks, folks.
Got them mounted, but had to take them to my local speed shop for balancing. Very surprised at the small amount of weight needed. They look great on my bucket, and I will post photos when I have the required amount of posts.

HC

Ditto on Discount Tire. They ordered my custom Budniks (17x13) and Hoosier weenies. Mounted them with care. This was in Dallas; they seem to be good everywhere.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back