Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tire Sizes

Next time I'm over, we'll have to hit some pubs!

Make it so, captain. Would be a real treat for me to have a chat with you. (Excuse to gain more 'free' tech info:D)

If you do come over,please make sure you let me know.
G

Front: Cheng Shin 5.10-16 (Hallcraft 16x3)
Rear: Coker Pro-Trac N50-15 (Truespoke 15x10)

Xmas%2BPic%2B2015%2B034.JPG

de3uYSElt2zwrJNQFTntncjL4fEQXTe8VhwP6jbmFwITIWEsQ1jGuiIQQC7ff862LFub-5x7H0HY5C6rSZtRxzrRWYhsRGOx9tTNkL1M-RU5Txg6NlpZKRVokvkyGQCjJ2OKxAdN6wwA4fLTJKcieUehQY-Ia7qgNOYw3K6_uYd11piHVB_ygjIYk0-HH2lnBV6ANbRzzuOVA_nDgQ-zlXQ06tVOpkYZkBEahoR4gCMsZpih6FpASVzwxScNnmoMJsn5lagK6HMF5uLJSNjZ9uvBAdVd0_DqoLIZKAc1TnuIOBP1-vFk-oJhEHIbFq8bJkXKfHC5mcVINH0naGXSMG_kYVvHPXyhpHNQSwZE6b6pm4rDCbdHaqlIzitc6079IV9RpiHc8u187SnL3qASJXodJ-gueXdvQyQ8QZVjbHlywIzgvK05HUAtaTS_SNFBILcanIjzTg2ZuGYWIxcOXvxculSrygb8OWtjclmS93jxt9RS-gYQdQALlkChEkthJHOio127dXzL1hxg-Dg45P-ubKRTodOvPZIRVrSEty75iGWeAfiP1lyDh5ZirNbtIUHMqke2N3g1w1E4cByPip42eWHgI7FXQsmXe5M_2bM_RGlv=w889-h347-no

Hoosier Pro-Street Radials, 31x16.50R-17 and 24x7.50R-15. Hoosier is the only source for big weenies to fit 17" wheels.

Now that looks bad a$$!! Can you post a close up of your seat? It looks from that angle one seat towards the center.......Great stance low and level! Sorry didn't mean to highjack thread for the seat, but, sure others would like to see also.

Now that looks bad a$$!! Can you post a close up of your seat? It looks from that angle one seat towards the center.......Great stance low and level! Sorry didn't mean to highjack thread for the seat, but, sure others would like to see also.
With pleasure:
p7xa6eAZJv8tYkn1pLFZa44jzZc7t1zFGBmhbYrcEXxxUcipJ-tc434hXSNd8Zn1l5b2OPnmu8dxUiJug6RKsVkyYHDX4fr7Osze7gXZOm6Ih5nIGRwcePLCEtmpeIXCWEWpyxr1kcNGrLKj2JnubBZ-79m8qoHnNh09zPgCH5R5P7-rBqdLCtMzdI2mguQ0JqS5NI74IfHmEyFOqBlSK-HMolDzOo532gAWrKa0BXxTWnbjZKafF_CthbmrwDhkYXlAWi9mEFti__qoqnhEBU5sXNUVZ8IxGf2pDtizeUSSGK6BpIk6k5Zl3BE20h8vJRIfoNAlFiwPtoeu7wRwyfn7b0SNshmNgQAxJL4p5q5OjNJvgaN-NnLo7KsZ4nJQcwRv9CNQ6LcRbgSaq_Tbb6j-w69lO1BVsSnxn8JlxW7r_WTXRWO-G6wTgF0cUMqZhokXhKV02OvBr_cRgj-BYO1WgwmuVFD-EW_6H7scAMthg_wkl0VJ7Iuo_oIXBXO3xmCZbLxSFU7nifDT1GPJp77flH1jSE8yNLXzR31-r-q2HrbsN94RSRCvuxysdMbd8UsuXUXvVmYBzJCcNVYWFWoB1PDy46BqiptqOG5oflT0m9n0=w1024-h768-no

Those are office chairs with the arms and bases removed. Very comfortable. You can see more at my build thread: Big redo of the old bucket

"Very comfortable" t-bucket seats? I didn't realize that was possible! o_O

It's VERY possible. You just have to plan it out.

And the small ones. We can do that as well...

7 (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC) (Copy).jpg

8 (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC) (Copy).jpg

9 (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC) (Copy).jpg

Can you mix radials and bias ply tires? I'm looking for a new set of front tires for my t bucket and radials are more common.

I pulled this off the internet..I have done this before on a pickup. If I remember correctly, I had radials on the front, and it was a washy type drive. Had to fight the steering all the time.

Laws allow radials rear, bias front, but not the other way around. I had a VW that had bias, put a radial (spare) on the back, and it tried to kill me the first time I took it over 20 mph! Absolutely uncontrollable..

Radials on back and bias on front will cause understeer. Comversely bias on rear and radials on front will cause oversteer. This goes for wider tires on back and/or wider offset wheels than those on the front even if all are radials. Wider tires/wheels on front are a recipe for oversteer too which is more dangerous than understeer.

I pulled this off the internet..I have done this before on a pickup. If I remember correctly, I had radials on the front, and it was a washy type drive. Had to fight the steering all the time.

Laws allow radials rear, bias front, but not the other way around. I had a VW that had bias, put a radial (spare) on the back, and it tried to kill me the first time I took it over 20 mph! Absolutely uncontrollable..

Radials on back and bias on front will cause understeer. Comversely bias on rear and radials on front will cause oversteer. This goes for wider tires on back and/or wider offset wheels than those on the front even if all are radials. Wider tires/wheels on front are a recipe for oversteer too which is more dangerous than understeer.
So skinny on front of T is a good thing?

Cooter, with all the driving you have done recently, I bet you would know if it was driving bad. Not heard any complaints from you yet.. GOOD THING!

Cooter, with all the driving you have done recently, I bet you would know if it was driving bad. Not heard any complaints from you yet.. GOOD THING!
Drives great. My problem is the corvair box. But that's another story.. I thought about 15x7 uo front for some more grip. Lol. I don't need to be pushing this car that hard anyway.

Go to any large car show and you will find plenty of guys running Mickey Thompson bias ply tires on the rear and smaller radials on the front. Just sayin'.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back