Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tires and Wheels for T-Bucket

Dbart1

NEW to the thread and to T-Buckets. I have a 23 T that I bought from a friend and essentially doing a complete rebuild. Having it done in Livingston, TX, DZ Motorsports. Unfortunately, I was only able to reuse the body, transmission and the engine. Lots of "less than ideal" work done to build the first one. I have ordered almost everything from speedway and the paint picked out with interior design started.

So to date it is almost done but I am having trouble figuring out what rims I can use. I have looked at a lot of other Ts but can't really tell what size rims and tires they have on it. I really like these rims (
Helo HE791 Chrome) sorry can't post link yet.
but I think I need to get 6/8 inch on the front and 10/12 on the rear. Bolt pattern I believe is 5x4.5 since I am working from other model that I have to fit. With that being said, I don't really want "standard" wheels as you can see in above link. Do you all know somewhere to find matching rims that can offer the medium width front tire with fat on the back but not crazy. Would be helpful to see what they look like on a picture.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Perhaps this picture will help in your search. The fronts are 195/60x15 on 6" rims while the rears are 275/60x15" on 10" rims. The wheels are by Weld and I got them at Speedway. I've since changed to 155/80x15" on 4" rims on the front and changed the rear tire to a 285/70x15" on the rear but still using the Weld wheels. I found that the car steers much better with the smaller tires on the front and I like the look of the stagger of the tire sizes much better now.

I run 185 70-14 on 14x6 on frt , 275 60-15 on 15x8.5 on rear.. pics of my car are in Lounge/how to post pics.... the white one...
dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back