Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Totals Hyd.Shock Mount

Rick

VIP
VIP Member
Well i mounted the shocks WHAT a difference.I got me a lincoln now.LOL
First ya gotta take the chrome friction shocks off and send them to Fred.Ya gotta cut off 3/4 of an inch off the mounting stud.
IM000604Medium.jpg

IM000604Medium-1.jpg

IM000605Medium.jpg

here's what ya need
IM000606Medium.jpg

Don't look to bad coming at ya.
IM000610Medium.jpg

Close up
IM000611Medium.jpg

Close up 2
IM000612Medium.jpg

Looks great Rick :cool:

That looks like a nice, clean install, Rick. Got a Lincoln now, eh? You don't want the ride too soft, you'll fall asleep!:)

Looks great. I have always been against friction shocks. It was the first thing old rodders changed.

Rick: What is the color code for the yellow you painted the "T"? Might do my bike that color--It's Bright!!

I'll check tomorrow and get back with you.Is your car up and running now?What about Thomas?We have not seen any updates from either of you guys.Time to get the cameras out boys.The snow is gone time to put some miles on these things.If nothing else you can clean the garage out while the car is out.:)

rick: my car is about 2 weeks from starting. Just got an intake and looking for a 500 or 600 carb. Thomas had to pull his drive train because the trans mount was wrong and messed up the driveshaft phasing. It's going to be fixed before he drives it. His computer is broke.

I guessed I missed it.......where did you get the mounts??

I need some of them for my C-cab:cool:

Vance

Coupefreak said:
I guessed I missed it.......where did you get the mounts??

I need some of them for my C-cab:cool:

Vance

I got them from Total part#S118........$149.95

Rick, I noted that you switch fasteners on your clevis pins to self locking nuts in lieu of safety wiring. Also, assuming ( ya know what happens when we assume?) you have Total frame as I do, the short shocks are sufficient. Very clean install!!!

Hey Rick

Do you have any pics of how the shock mounts to the hairpin rod? Do you have to cut the bottom bar of the rod shorter and extend the stud to the clevis? Or does the shock bushing just slide over the rod, and what keeps it from sliding around?

Paulski said:
Hey Rick

Do you have any pics of how the shock mounts to the hairpin rod? Do you have to cut the bottom bar of the rod shorter and extend the stud to the clevis? Or does the shock bushing just slide over the rod, and what keeps it from sliding around?
The shock just slides on the lower bar.After taking off the rod end(be sure to count the threads so you get it back the same way)you slide the spreader bar in place then the shock then the rod end the shock rests between the nut on the rod end and the spreader bar.The spreader bar is to stiffen the tyrods.Look in the Total cat.on page 50 and theres a good pic there or go to there web site you can see it there also.Hope this helps.By the way the ride is like a lincoln compared to the friction shocks.

You should mount your directionals on the front of your shock mounts they look kind of hidden behind.Not criticizing just a safety factor.
Putz

There fine where they are at real bright and easy to see.

You are right, friction shocks suck bigtime. We put them on my Son's T bucket and wish we never had done it. The other day he got death wobble, which hasn't happened to him since we went through the entire car and fixed all the problems. Come to find out the friction shock on the passenger side was loose, even though we torqued it very tight a month ago. We tightened it again,and today the car ran fine on a three hour trip.

At some point I am going to figure a way to add hydraulic shocks to his car without messing up the finished paint on the frame.

Don

The way the Total bracket fits they just slip on where the friction shock was and you use the shock stud to tighten it down.No scratching at all.
IM000604Medium-1.jpg

Rick, where did you get the front license plate bracket?

Jim

ACJC said:
Rick, where did you get the front license plate bracket?

Jim
That particular one i made on a vert cnc mill but Speedway does have them.

Thanks Francis, I'll check my Speedway cat. because I sure don't have access to a CNC mill. Very nice work though Rick.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back