Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Total's Shock Bracket

I lost 10 lbs. two years ago and have been able to keep it off up to this point. Went from 240 to 230. I've just started to work on my next 10 lbs.

thomas:)

Whenever i go out to eat, i always get a diet coke. Not to lose weight but because i like the way it tastes. Whenever the waitress asks me "Would you like another diet?" i say "yeah, because this one is not working.";)
Always gets a chuckle. Seriously though, i lost alot of weight before by drinking only water, no soda,coffee,tea. And riding my bike to work instead of driving, its not that far.

When I was in culinary school; the atkins diet was all the rage, then the south beach diet, then the....it doesnt matter. Diets they sell on TV need to produce results quickly when combined with excercise regimens in the 2-3hr a day range. Jenny Craig meals and weight watchers...is just easy calorie counting. Heres what scientists know and no one wants to hear:

A) people only need 1500 calories to survive.

B) People can live very comfortably on 2000 calories a day, assuming they provide their bodies with adequate water, salt, and other essential vitamins and minerals

C) the old USDA food pyramid thats on just about every box, bucket and package our food comes in...WORKS. it is the scientific formula for a healthy and properly functioning human body (assuming no food allergies or other metabolic problems)

What I suggest to everyone who asks is simple. buy a small notebook and count your calories for 2 weeks, round up on the numbers every day to make the math easier and do the best you can to get the numbers without killing yourself. shock therapy here fellas...a big mac, medium coke and fries is about a days worth of calories...but NOT a days worth of products from the essential food groups; just empty calories.
Now that we have our list (lets say 4000 cals a day for the sake of math) ; I suggest for the next month you limit yourself to 3500 calories a day (drink more water, cut out soda alltogether or limit it to (1) 11oz serving a day or 1 small cup of coffee a day) Now, re-evaluate your food for 2 weeks at 3500 cals a day and see where you can trim another 500 calories without torturing yourself. Another month at 3000 calories, keep track, re-evaluate your diet, trim 500calories off (2500 now) until you get to 2000.

Heres a few tips: an overfed body gets sluggish and tired and sickly...eating more doesn't give you energy if you're not burning it. Theres no reason you cant have a fried egg sandwich on whole wheat bread with a slice of lean ham and a 12oz cup of coffee in the morning. Absolutely none. just account for it in your diet.
Eat (4) 500calorie meals a day, this keeps your bloodsugar more consistent and when your body sleeps, your stomach isnt overly full...this is when your body starts storing fat, because you're sleeping. Try to eat the lightest meal at night and the heaviest before you go to work.

Things to avoid: iceberg lettuce, white bread, "wheat bread", whole milk, soda, potatoes without skins, white rice, "minute" or "instant" rice and oatmeal.
*If youre going to make a salad, use baby spinach, or any dark green...err greens. Iceberg lettuce has zero nutritional value. ZERO. So if youre eating a salad...make it taste good instead of eating something cold with ranch dressing on it. If thats all you want, eat an icecube with ranch dressing on it. it'll taste the same and you'll get the same benefit out of it.
Heres an easy salad: 1 bag of baby spinach (this stuff doesnt taste like the canned or frozen crap our moms fed us as kids...its GOOD), 1 package of slivered or sliced almonds, 1 package of dried cranberries (tastes sweeter than raisins and full of antioxidants), 1 bottle of raspberry vinegarette (light if they have it). 2 handfulls of spinach leaves, a sprinkle of almonds for some crunch and a handful of craisins (cranberry raisins...get it?) with 2-3tblspoons of dressing tossed in it.
Best salad on earth and healthy; serve with a grilled chicken breast-that was marinated for at least 2hrs in the cheapest italian dressing you can find; or grill a steak that was marinated in the italian dressing. Marinating steak means you can use a tougher steak (cheaper) and it'll be more tender.
*Avoid 'wheat bread' 99% of all breads are made from wheat; all they do is add molasses to regular white bread and sell it as wheat bread. It looks brown, tastes a little different and costs more than white bread. Stick to whole grain or 5 grain or whole wheat breads if you can afford to.
* avoid minute rice, instant oatmeal...they cook fast, but have nothing good to offer you. brown rice and quick cooking oats (with your own brown sugar, milk and some of those dried cranberries or some banana slices) are better alternatives.

Hope this helps fellas...feel free to ask

Nate

Crap i just realized i was reading this post eating an OREO.

The frosting used to be lard based with powdered sugar....then they changed it and now it sucks LOL Sunshines Hydrox cookies were better in my opinion and they were the original. National Biscuit Company (NaBisCo) bought up a pile of local bakeries to make regional favorites and distribute them nationwide; they copied the Hydrox and used a huge marketing blitz to sell oreos. How tasty are those shock mounts anyway?

Im needing (in my head) to desperately loose weight.
I know Ive gotta do it. I was 5'9" and 170 lbs of lean & mean at 23. Now Im about to roll over 43 and Ive caught myself slowly turning into a slug.
Still 5'9" but pushing 225 lbs and I feel like crapola. I did manage to quit smoking a few years ago. I have never done a calorie intake count but I bet I would be shocked. I know I drink wayyy to much sodapop. 4 cans a day usually..I like rc cola and rootbeer :).. I turn into monster if I go without caffiene and I loathe coffee..My wife is in the same boat. she was a hottie 20 years ago! lol I see my daughter going down the same road and that reallly bothers me. I need to get off my butt and start running again but its lonely out there...... Paul

Im a recipe junkie. If you guys ever want a recipe for something or an idea, or get confused about what the cardiologist says...gimme a shout. I paid a lot of money for this education, shame I cant work on my feet anymore. Anyway, put it to use fellas...if you have a food or nutrition question; Im all for it

I really like how that shock bracket has sort of an organic feel to it, very graceful lines really

I think i am ready to eat the shock bracket now.

rooster57 said:
I think i am ready to eat the shock bracket now.

Won't need to worry about an iron supplement then.

That is kind of high brow. It may need a synthetic.

Think with yer dipstick jimmy. (new Castrol commercial)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back