Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Total's Shock Bracket

Rick

VIP
VIP Member
Here ya go Ron and Fred you'll kinda get a better idea what it looks like.Shipping it to Ron tomorrow.

IM000669.jpg

IM000670.jpg

IM000671.jpg

IM000672.jpg

Rick when you set this up was the shock in the middle of its stroke. I think we have the same shocks 3 inches of stroke.

Ahhh.... NOW I know why it looked welded on. It cups the frame rail! Ron should have no trouble duplicating that as well as the radius rod pieces. Thanks, Rick.

rooster57 said:
Rick when you set this up was the shock in the middle of its stroke. I think we have the same shocks 3 inches of stroke.
I'm using Pete and Jakes short shocks there 11 in. open and 8 in closed but the travel total is 4 inches from full open to full closed.When installed there is 2 7/8 of shaft showing.

This is the chart i went buy is this not right ??? i used this when i made my brackets for the sm300 shocks.

Thats alot better ratio than Totals.They did theres so that the shock would clear the bracket as it is i have a little over 1 inch travel if i jack the car up.You have 1.5 both ways.

Totals book says 8 closed/11 open i went out and measured mine and its 11 1/2 open and 8 closed center to center

RPM said:
Looking forward to getting that part. Thanks Rick for the trouble to do all of that.
Not a problem Ron you do alot for the folks here.It's the least i can do for the "Family".

So what do u think am i ok??? Im 240 and i jumped up and down on one side and couldnt bottom it out.

240?Damn dude thats alot of jumping chicken.No wonder you show off thats 'cause you can.LOL.Yep your fine unless we go doing wheelys every where i see no problems.BUT there will be some who beg to differ.when you hit a bump that shock only moves about a 1/2 inch tops

Thanks Rick!! Yea i want to get shed of abour 40 lbs this year. I had an ankle replaced and leg repaired after an accident almost lost my leg so thats slowed me down a bit but its better all the time. Thats the reason for the rooster dance.

rooster57 said:
Thanks Rick!! Yea i want to get shed of abour 40 lbs this year. I had an ankle replaced and leg repaired after an accident almost lost my leg so thats slowed me down a bit but its better all the time. Thats the reason for the rooster dance.

Let me know how to lose 40lbs. I went from 280 to 265lbs and still need to lose more.

Thomas--- Did you see Rick's mounting numbers? Sounds about right for what we were talking about.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back