Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Track T roadster

Last month at the PRI show, there was a Track T roadster on display built by Jerry Magnuson’s Track Master Products. The car has a handmade steel body with an aluminum track nose and a monocoque frame. I believe that they have made 2 of these cars. The painted, finished car was at SEMA and has been in a few magazines. This car is semi-finished with no paint or interior. I only took one picture of the complete car, but I did take a couple hundred close-up detail pictures. They are on Photobucket if anyone is interested in looking at them. http://s180.photobucket.com/user/sstarphotos/library/Track T at PRI Show?sort=2&page=1
Bill
P1090974.JPG
P1100060.JPG

Nice! Good photos, thanks for sharing. Love those track roadsters.

Hey Bill, thanks for sharing those very detailed photos of a very excellent example of craftsmanship. I'm guessing that there is a reason for taking them. You must have got done cleaning out Tucker's building...maybe?

Let's see... hammers, beater bag, snips, shrinker & stretchers, bead roller, planisher, english wheel, Pullmax, Yoder...Oh boy, this could get out of hand real quickly.

Where is that subscription button?

Hi George and George….

The PRI show and especially getting to see that car close up was definitely a motivator for me. I have all of the pieces for the English wheel and I ordered some plans yesterday to build a Pullmax-style reciprocating machine.

Ron Covell was at the show doing presentations on his new English Wheel. I got a chance to talk with him about the 27 roadster body he built on his DVD’s and he did a small demo on how he would do the reverse curve on the cowl area. I wasn’t too surprised when he told me it took him about a year working part time to build the buck for his body. He is so talented and such a nice guy.
Ron Covell.jpg
Realistically, I’m still a few months away from getting started, but I am getting closer. I’m in the middle of hanging sheetrock in the garage and a major reorganization to make some room to build a car. Then, in a couple of weeks I’m going to take advantage of some free airline points and head out to the Grand National Roadster Show and also stop by CCR to look around and meet Jerry.

GAB, maybe next week, I’ll drive up and if we can get Fluidfloyd to slow down for a few minutes, the three of us can go to lunch. I’ll buy.
Bill

Bill, sounds good to me. Let me know where and when.

I'll bring along a bolt cutter...so we can spring South George. I think that Dick keeps George chained up to something heavy so that he will keep pumping out those dime store cars. :)

Bill, sounds good to me. Let me know where and when.

I'll bring along a bolt cutter...so we can spring South George. I think that Dick keeps George chained up to something heavy so that he will keep pumping out those dime store cars. :)

I resemble that North George! Actually you are close on point but I do have an escape route. The VA is keeping me in house a lot lately. Sometimes needles and probes are a nice diversion from work insanity. As for running with you two Kansas Outlaws...Hell Yes!

The Other George

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back