Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tranny question??

AZCOWBO

I discovered that my shifter only allows for P_R_N_D and will not allow me to lock in low range. Should I get different shifter set-up??

The really upsetting discovery, was when I put it into reverse or drive nothing happened and the tranny won't engage. I tried shifting through the gears several times and lightly punching the throttle. Still nothing happened. Keeping in mind the tranny was in storage for more than 20 years. Vacum line is attached. I haven't dropped the pan yet and if I have to pull the tranny, I must pull the body off.

Any old-tmers answers??

I would recommend a different shifter setup Pull the pan see what the filter and fluid looks like.Maybe after the filter change take it some where and have them flush the system this will also change the fluid in the converter.

I just filled it with fluid, but didn't check or change the filter. It sat dry all the years.

What trans do you have in there?

Go with my original suggestion.

I had a automatic tranny I put in a trike that sat for about 5 years. It worked okay as long as it was cold, but as soon as it warmed up, low gear was all it would give me. It ended up needing all new interior seals.

It doesn't mean that's your problem, but it sounds like a rebuild will be needed.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back