Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Trying to understand my frame

Muscle Inkk

I picked this frame up and I think, through the site I'm starting to understand a little bit. That being said I still need a little help... Why/what are the notches on the bottom side of the frame.

Also, I'd like to have my axle out in front of my frame but I don't believe this is set up for that (correct me if I'm wrong)
Screenshot_2023-09-22-13-10-34-95_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
Screenshot_2023-09-26-19-41-39-51_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Thanks in advance

Those are clearance for the spring. To get real low the spring mount is flat. This necessitates the notches. The step up at the front (also called a “Z” is evidence of that. Mock it up and see if it is what you want. If you use the dropped robe it looks to be a 5” or 6” drop so the combination may need some rework.

Those are clearance for the spring. To get real low the spring mount is flat. This necessitates the notches. The step up at the front (also called a “Z” is evidence of that. Mock it up and see if it is what you want. If you use the dropped robe it looks to be a 5” or 6” drop so the combination may need some rework.

I understand what you're saying.... I see it now.

I have a few axles, I'll do that and see what I can come up with. Thank you

I know you can see much from the distance but does the frame appear to be homemade?

IMG_0073.jpeg I would say yes. Most aftermarket frames want as few welds as possible for simplicity. With one off frames you can think outside the box. Mine for example is WAY out of the box!

I just looked at your "long john" thread.... That's definitely outside the box and it looks great!!

I'm looking for simplicity right now lol... I don't know much about building T from the ground up and truthfully I didn't have the intentions of doing that. I just fell into this while looking for project that was closer to completion.

I'm going to embrace it for now and learn as much as possible from the OGs on here.

I appreciate the info, thanks

I have always been outside the box. I built my first bucket in 1971. I was a front engine dragster fan and built mine with that flavor. I had never seen a bucket in person just magazines. Guess that’s why I’m so off the wall! IMG_0013.jpeg

Wow.... I'll bet that little thing MOVED!!!

That's one thing that pulls me towards the T buckets, the ability to build exactly what you want. Even with how few parts go into these cars (relatively speaking) you can still be completely unique!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back