Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tweedy Pie coming up for auction in August

Watched a show with A mecum auction and A guy had a 8 million dollar reserve on a daytona cobra it was went up to 6.8 million NO SALE.:jawdrop:

I saw that last Cobra night. Nobody at that auction had any money. At the end they said the highest sale price there was for 1.165 million. Not chump change but maybe Indianapolis is not the city to go to to sell high dollar cars.

It may be famous, but I reckon its ugly.

I recently saw a T coupe in the Goodguys Gazette that was "historical" and that was ugly too, but its price was over $100,000
When the Leg T (a truely beautiful and historic T) was first for sale about 12 months ago it was advertised for well over the $100,000 mark and I saw it recently (in the same Gazette as the expensive coupe) for $33,000 So the sell price on Tweety Pie is anyones guess. I would take the Leg T over it any day of the week.

Actually, I find it bizarre how excited people get over certain historic cars made by famous peope. Even Barris built some really ugly stuff, and some Coddington stuff (smooth fenderless 34s with A arm suspension and sloping grills) are an aquired taste.

Sure, Im not as clever as they were, but their creations werent all stunningly beautiful

It may be famous, but I reckon its ugly.

FINALLY! Someone else who dares to say that some of the "classics" aren't that good looking.
But that's the beauty of individual taste, I guess.
For the record.. I do like the Tweedie Pie though. The grill shell never hooked me but I'd drive it. ;)

8 million is a lot of beer/wine/fruit juice.
You could buy a small country!
I'm amazed at how much money some folks have. Don't get me wrong.. if you have it.. good for you. :nod:
But how much money do you have to have to be able to offer 6.8 on an 8 mil car? Wow.
BTW.. if you DO have that kind of money.. please note that I wasn't nasty to you about it! So.. if you care to off-load some of it I could help with that.

Money, money, money. The more you got the more you can buy. I imagine most of you have seen the email that's gone around the last year or so about the guy in Ankeny, Iowa who has at least one of each Chevy convertible ever built (except 1939 because they didn't build one that year). A friend told me today that the guy sold his business this week for 1.4 BILLION dollars and he retains operational control of the company. He made his fortune in the agricultural pesticide business. 1.4B and a weekly paycheck. Think what toys you could buy with that kinda money.

Some times the first of anything is not to everybodys liking. But without these cars like Ted Browns cars and the Leg show would we have the tbuckets today , Mabye who knows. The first radio didnt look like the Ipod but without one can you have the other.

Rooster chapter 8 verse 12
Without the First thing a second isnt possible.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back