Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

UPDATE: Norm Grabowski

Rogers23T

We spoke with a family friend, Norm is out of the hospital and at home. However is condition of the groth on his face is still with him. But he is taking a medication in which we all hope will cure his condition. His health is in our prayers and hearts.. for a speedy recovery!

Latest info is that Norm is not well at all, and is in Hospice. That is all I can say. Our prayers are with Norm at this difficult time in his life.:( So sorry to see this happening to such a wonderful human being, and someone who had such a huge impact on we hot rodders.

Don

Very sad to report that Norm passed this morning. Only met him once, but thought of him as a friend because of his wonderful personality and friendliness. The rodding world has lost one of the greats today for sure. :(

Don

norm.jpg

So sorry to hear, a huge loss to all bucketeers.
I wish I could of met him, I hear he was quite a character and very witty. A very talented man too.
God speed to the King of Tbucket hotrods.

Goodby old friend. he was needed in heaven!!!

I met Norm in Grapevine, Tx and in Mountain Home Ark. He was a hoot to hang out with. He's Hot Roddin' with Angels now.

I think the first hotrod that I got hooked on was the Kookie car on TV's 77 Sunset Strip in the late '50s. I can't imagine anyone seeing that car that didn't want to grow up being Kookie and driving that car. My son and I went up to the Bucket Bash in 2007 or 2008 when Norm was there with his truck and signing posters. Really a great honor to get to see him in person.

Norm, thanks for all the years of being Norm. Have a long and smooth ride home.

George

I think the first hotrod that I got hooked on was the Kookie car on TV's 77 Sunset Strip in the late '50s. I can't imagine anyone seeing that car that didn't want to grow up being Kookie and driving that car. My son and I went up to the Bucket Bash in 2007 or 2008 when Norm was there with his truck and signing posters. Really a great honor to get to see him in person.

Norm, thanks for all the years of being Norm. Have a long and smooth ride home.

George
George I think that was 09, that when this pic was taken.
071-1.jpg

Guess I've been in Kansas to long. I think being on flat ground drains my memory bank. '09 it was. Thanks for correcting a senior citizen. Now don't you feel proud of yourself? And yes, I'd do the same thing given the chance. Take care.

George

Met him at the OKC street rod nats long time ago, riding some kind of stick pony with wheels! Great guy, will be missed.

I just wanna say how wonderful it was to read all of your posts. I got to meet him when I was just a teenager... he impacted my life so hard, at such a young age. Everytime he came to Califorina we got to see him and hang out even if it was just for dinner. He called my dad deciple #1 and I was deciple #2 :D , we always called him " Rod God"!! I hope one day we all get to meet up at that Bob's Big Boy in the sky.....
I think George said it best;
"Norm, thanks for all the years of being Norm. Have a long and smooth ride home."

I just wish Norm had taken the Doctor's advice to have surgery and chemo. No one knows if it would have changed the outcome, but a friend of ours is cancer free right now from about the same thing Norm had, and he went through the traditional medical treatments.

I am just so sick and tired of all this cancer going around.

Don

I have to agree with you, Don. It sucks! I've lost three of my family members to cancer, I have to tell you, it;s not easy watching the ones you love suffer.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back