Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Update on my 26 T

clamper

Engine 2.JPG I started this project about 2 years ago, I got the Bucket from a friend and drove it for a year. I developed a plan on what I wanted to update and what I wanted to keep original. A good friend and I started the body work after we had it plasted (steel car), took a lot longer then we had expected. Got the paint completed last may, and just recently started to cut and poslish. I've attached a few pics.

Cut and poliished.JPGInterior 1.JPGTank.JPG

It is Candy Apple Red over Nevada Silver. I got it from Alsa paints, the candy apple is a concentrate. The flames where a Candy Tangerine and Candy Yellow.
Thanks

Nice work!!! Very clean build, I like it!!

Ron

Is that an old corvette fuel injection? Nothing sounds like one of those things running.

Is that an old corvette fuel injection? Nothing sounds like one of those things running.
Yes it is 1962 Vette fuel injection. Ran it the 1st year and it worked great! Something you just don't see everyday.

Awesome car! The paint is beautiful!

You are lucky to have that vette fuel. I remember them from my youth. I cannot believe no one has repoped these things. They just sound so cool running. I remember a guy telling me that had one the only problem was cold starts. He carried an oil can filled with gas that he primed it with.

Looks great! Coming along nicely.

You are lucky to have that vette fuel. I remember them from my youth. I cannot believe no one has repoped these things. They just sound so cool running. I remember a guy telling me that had one the only problem was cold starts. He carried an oil can filled with gas that he primed it with.
I haven't had any problems with cold starts, my only problem was that before I got the car it had been parked for 16 years with a full tank of fuel, no matter what I did for the first month or two I would have clogged fuel injectors(had to change tank and lines). You don't just go to Autozone to get them so I learned to take them apart and clean them and I did find a few extras on Ebay. I love it when I'm at a car show and a vette owner comes up and sees it on my car, after all the questions about the injection system, they want to know if I'd like to sell it. Answer is always NO.

Yeah, I bet the Corvette purists would love to have that FI system. It has to be worth some $$$$. Great looking T bucket, the color really pops.

Don

I have liked you '27 since your first post here on it. Now you say you might run without the top? Even more perfect!!!!!

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back