Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Vet Rear End

OptimusPrime

Any one running a vet rear need pictures for up coming project,
Thanks Optimus

JUST STARTED MOUNTING MINE HIS WEEKEND I COULD USE SOME PICTS TOO.I WILL TRY TO GET PICTS. OF THE PROGRESS TO YOU THIS WEEKEND.

Pics will be great, but you don't need to yell all the time. Cap lock is considered yelling. :face:

What year of Corvette rears are you fellows using? I made a ton of mounting kits for the iron rears and the early aluminum models but they were for the later years of street rods (A to 48). Mounting in a bucket is a little more difficult than a Jag but can be accomplished.

One thing that helps is to have a pair of dummy half shafts to make the rear into a solid axle while mounting. Remove the rear spring and the half shafts and use the dummies and it gets a lot easier to mount. You are then working with real world locations of mounting points and not guessing where stuff is going to settle to when full weight is applied. The ride height can be fine tuned with removal of spring leaves and the length of the bolts from the hub carrier to the end of the spring eye afterwards.

DSCN1701.jpg

Here is a photo of a later aluminum unit mounted in a bucket. Not a very good pic but the installation is very clean and works good.

SteveBridgesRear.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back