Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wagner-Lockheed master cylinder info

ba60

Can anyone tell me where I can look for a new master cylinder or a rebuild kit for a wagner-lockheed#18031? I pulled it from my t-bucket today and can't find one anywhere. It has the petal bolts directly into the housing. on the top with a round tube under, all one casting I'm thinking maybe something from 30s or maybe 40s? It bolts on from staggared bolt holes in the bottom. It has a square resavor on top and a round cylinder underneth, all in one casting. The petal has a sleeve on the side that slides into a bushing in the housing secured by a bolt threaded into the sleeve. It all appears original. The Pad on the petal is an oval shaped rubber one. I will try to get a pic soon.
Bill

Can anyone tell me where I can look for a new master cylinder or a rebuild kit for a wagner-lockheed#FE18031? I found out the new # is F17916 but can't find anything else. I pulled it from my t-bucket today and can't find one anywhere. It has the petal bolts directly into the housing. on the top with a round tube under, all one casting I'm thinking maybe something from 30s or maybe 40s? It bolts on from staggared bolt holes in the bottom. It has a square resavor on top and a round cylinder underneth, all in one casting. The petal has a sleeve on the side that slides into a bushing in the housing secured by a bolt threaded into the sleeve. It all appears original. The Pad on the petal is an oval shaped rubber one. I will try to get a pic soon.
Bill

Is this anything near what your master cylinder looks like? If so, this is one from a '53 Chevy if that help you any. A fair number of these were used in building early day Buckets.

53ChevyMassterCylinder.jpg

Thanks GAB that's the one. I found a Chevy site that sells them and ordered a new one. I'm trying to restore it back to as built in 1981.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back