Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Weber 8 stack induction

rubicon

Any of you guys using Weber induction system on your cars? I like the way they look. I know they are exspensive. I'm getting close to starting my build and every time I go on to the Inglese site I start to drool.

A friend of mine has a complete SBC setup with (as I recall) SU or Weber carbs for sale. looks to be in excellent condition. I'll see him later today and get more info if you'd like.

Russ

I had to run some errands so I stopped by Micks shop and snapped a pic of this setup. it's dellorto carbs and the manifold is drilled for nitros (note aeroquip hoses at the base of each carb). he's only asking 2K for the whole setup (engine not included :angel: ). contack Mick at 541 761 3005.

398594904.jpg

Cheers,
Russ

med_gallery_4539_48_137586.jpg

Is this what you are looking for he goes by the name High Miles for a reason he has I think he told me over 200,000 on this bucket. If memory serves me right.

That's Harley's bucket and he does drive it, but (and don't get me wrong here, I just have to say it) it seems like every time we go on a cruise his car is having some kinda trouble with the injection - it pops a lot. Not sure exactly why it pops but it sure seems to do it when I'm around. Maybe it's ME that's causing his issues.

I do love the look of it, and I also must add that he and his wife are tremendously AWESOME people.

That's Harley's bucket and he does drive it, but (and don't get me wrong here, I just have to say it) it seems like every time we go on a cruise his car is having some kinda trouble with the injection - it pops a lot. Not sure exactly why it pops but it sure seems to do it when I'm around. Maybe it's ME that's causing his issues.

I do love the look of it, and I also must add that he and his wife are tremendously AWESOME people.

Bad enough keeping 2 carbs in tune but 8. They do have a injected setup like this that might be the answer.

whine,whine...get a honda or a prius , these are hotrods ,right?

But some people put lots of miles on these and break downs are not what you want.

building, fabricating , Tuning , testing , diagnosis , repairing , that's hotrodding [to me ] blind driving ? I'll take the wife's car !!

dave

Is Harley's IDA, IDF or injected? I'm looking at the IDF. I believe it was Harley's T I saw at the T Nationals in Springfield a few years back. You must admit there sure is a WOW factor with this setup. I need to know how they run. You are right. It aint a Hot Rod sitting in the garage.

There's a definite WOW factor to it... I love it, but I'd never be able to afford it and I'd have a heck of a time tuning it.

I remember dad had a friend set up the home built injection setup for his old Sprint car... yes indeed that's a Ford.

523165390_7a716a5ca0.jpg

Back in 83, I run 4 x 48 IDA Webers, it made a big HP differenc,e was a pain to tune, changed the note (took the crackle out of the exhaust note) and sucked fuel like there was no tomorrow, but visually it had the WOW factor.

MyT1983001.jpg

SydneyRodShow1983_001.jpg

Back in 83, I run 4 x 48 IDA Webers, it made a big HP differenc,e was a pain to tune, changed the note (took the crackle out of the exhaust note) and sucked fuel like there was no tomorrow, but visually it had the WOW factor.

Which are just a few of the reasons to go with individual throttle body EFI. The engine runs very similar to an OEM EFI system in street trim because all you've really changed is that with ITB the engine gets air from 8 small TBs instead of one large one. otherwise the same injectors, sensors, etc. if you use the same size injectors as stock, you'll get similar milage and drivability.
because no atomization of fuel takes place in the TBs, setup becomes about a thousand times easier than carbs. sinc the throttle plates once and drive the dang thing. you can use stacks for "the look":

388971536.jpg

or add air filters for a daily driver -- turn the key and go -- system.

391740970.jpg

press any key to continue,
Russ

EFI is definitely the way to go, there are so many manufacturers making old style FI but electronic. There is also Inglese with an EFI Weber set-up. Of course these didn't exist back in the 80's. At the time it cost me $1,300 Aussie which would of been about $1,500US. I picked up the manifold from a boat racer who was having a clear out sale, it was made in New Zealand then bought the Webers and did the braided lines etc. A guy offered me $2k 12 months later and I quickly took the cash.

When webers are setup correctly, theres a BIG Performance difference! These are not for fuel economy, definitely, SHOW AND GGGGGOOOO!
Its all in the tuning, and they can be a bear. When your talking 1 barrel per cylinder, you gotta jet accordingly.
And By rejetting, I mean rejetting, all the settings have to be reset.
You have to figure the cfm flow of 1 intake runner, 1 intake valve, 1 exhaust valve and the flow on out the headers, and tune accordingly. It can be done, and with that type of setup, always have a small pocket screwdriver with you.

Like the EFI idea.........

When webers are setup correctly, theres a BIG Performance difference! These are not for fuel economy, definitely, SHOW AND GGGGGOOOO!
Its all in the tuning, and they can be a bear. When your talking 1 barrel per cylinder, you gotta jet accordingly.
And By rejetting, I mean rejetting, all the settings have to be reset.
You have to figure the cfm flow of 1 intake runner, 1 intake valve, 1 exhaust valve and the flow on out the headers, and tune accordingly. It can be done, and with that type of setup, always have a small pocket screwdriver with you.

Like the EFI idea.........

Yeah, you're not wrong. Did mine on a dyno and just kept changing jets, up, down and all around till got the best combination.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back