Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Well I have pased the torch, have\ and given my son the T bucket...

Laplander

After tryng to get this bucket from a friend of mine for over a decade, he called me up when I could least afford it. I somehow scraped the coin together and had it shipped from MI to NM. My son and I had been building a 67 Chevy truck, but once I was injured, I basically became useless out n the garage. The Dr bills were piling up, so I sold it to a another friend as a roller that had been sitting for 20 years. My friend that I sold the bucket to to told
me he would sell it back to me, but disability doesn't pay for crap. When we were talking the other day he said something about my kids truck, so I asked my son which he would rather have, the T or the truck. So my friend is picking up a truck in pieces and bringing the running and driving bucket back home for my son. It's things like this that make me feel so honored to be amoungst a group of car guys that would do something like that. I'll try and figure out someway to repay his act of kindness, but in the mean time, there is going to be one 17 year old kid driving around with a shit eating grin all day long. The pain killers I am on mean that I will never be able to drive again, so if you see a kid driving an old fart around in a bucket, honk and say hi!

After tryng to get this bucket from a friend of mine for over a decade, he called me up when I could least afford it. I somehow scraped the coin together and had it shipped from MI to NM. My son and I had been building a 67 Chevy truck, but once I was injured, I basically became useless out n the garage. The Dr bills were piling up, so I sold it to a another friend as a roller that had been sitting for 20 years. My friend that I sold the bucket to to told
me he would sell it back to me, but disability doesn't pay for crap. When we were talking the other day he said something about my kids truck, so I asked my son which he would rather have, the T or the truck. So my friend is picking up a truck in pieces and bringing the running and driving bucket back home for my son. It's things like this that make me feel so honored to be amoungst a group of car guys that would do something like that. I'll try and figure out someway to repay his act of kindness, but in the mean time, there is going to be one 17 year old kid driving around with a shit eating grin all day long. The pain killers I am on mean that I will never be able to drive again, so if you see a kid driving an old fart around in a bucket, honk and say hi!

Lap,

My grandson has been telling me for two years that I didn't look good in the "Billet-T", so I should give it to him. I bought a red USA baseball cap with an 18" silver ponytail glued it and sent him a photo of me in the car wearing it. Hi response was, "Grampa, the car still look great, but you don't want my opinion of what you look like with that ponytail glued into your cap. He still isn't gettin' it.

A time comes in all of our lives when it is time to pass things along to the next generation. Getting older makes us realize we can't do the things we once did and we have had our shot so now it is someone else's turn. I see that day coming for me, but instead of being unhappy about it I am glad my two Sons are interested in the same things I am and have actually become better at this hobby than I ever was.

Your Son will appreciate that T more than you will ever know, and I bet he will need your experience and help to keep it alive and make changes in it. Our bodies might be a little tired but the experience locked in our heads isn't going anywhere. Every once in a while I will give my Sons some solution to a problem they are working on and they get this look on their faces as if to say "the old man still comes up with one now and then." :D

Don

Lap,
I think I called you yesterday and I just want to say again if we can help you two at all let me know......Remember we have 14 Buckets in or around Artesia right now......

Mike

Ya gotta just love the hot rod community!!!!

Ron

Lap,

My grandson has been telling me for two years that I didn't look good in the "Billet-T", so I should give it to him. I bought a red USA baseball cap with an 18" silver ponytail glued it and sent him a photo of me in the car wearing it. Hi response was, "Grampa, the car still look great, but you don't want my opinion of what you look like with that ponytail glued into your cap. He still isn't gettin' it.

My Dad has a completely original, bone stock 1925 TT truck that still wears it's original paint. He takes immense pride that it has never been modified, so I keep telling him that as they lower him into the ground, I'll be lowering that TT body onto an Alston frame. LOL

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back