Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Well my lakesters wont work crapppppp

LumenAl said:
You will fight like crazy to keep the chrome one from turning blue... coated is much easier to maintain and cool off a lot quicker which is nice cause these things are eye candy to lots of young kids...

You are 100% right there Lumen. My almost 2 yr old son has learned that lesson (the hard way). It did not deture him though. Everytime the door to the garage opens he wants to hop in and and go cruise...LOL.

fluidfloyd said:
The problem with chrome is quality versus the EPA. They have clamped down so hard over the past few years that small chrome shops were either forced out or had to cut quality to meet federal requirements. Our government helping us out as usual.

George

yea Floyd....I used to use Browns Plating in Paduca, Kentucky, back in the old days............................:sad:

I sold um to the Dovehunter and he is as happy as a pig in S%&@.

As far as chrome goes, there are some headers on the market that are just nickel plated, but most are nickel and chrome, never use show chrome, copper polished then nickel then chrome, as that will Blue instantly... I had chrome headers once, and I really liked the Blue as it looked like it ran and not just a show car... plus, it looks HOT!! better not touch!!! Too many people got burned by the chrome headers, so now I heat paint them Black, well I think I had them coated Black.. CRS.:) but all the rest is painted rattle can heat paint..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back