Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

wheel to body dimension

adey

i have just fabbed up the t chasis, and i am using jag rear suspension. the wheels are 3 inchs from the rear of the body to the tyre, what is the minimum dimension that you can get away with for clearence. i have 18 inch rar tyres and the rear is wide. i could use s type rear arms whicjh would reduce the width, but would apprecuiate what is the minimum clearence i can get by.

best wishes
Adrian.

The absolute minimum is that it never ever touches. That's really about it.

I have about an inch to the sides.

ColdSprings2010044.jpg

A little more at the bed.

ArtinthePark54005.jpg

Really the only thing you have to look out for is sidewall flex when you turn a corner at higher speeds. But if you have a stiff sidewall it should not be alot. Had a friend with thin wall Goodyear dirttrackers and got two rubber doughnuts on the side of his body shortly after he built it.

just change the jag arms to s type, and seems ok with clearence, reduced the width by 6 inches. and looks a hole load better.

next job is to reduce the height of the kick ups again 3rd time, so as i can get a decent size petrol tank in there. 383 supercharged will not get me many gallos per mile so i need a big tank just to get to the gas station.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back