Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wheels for my other T

Gerry

before I started my Fad T for real, I set about making an 1/8 scale model to see if the 3 bar linkage on a Dan woods front end would work. All made in brass and white metal I spent a long time fabing the front, rear IRS frame steering etc.
Then a friends son knocked it off the bench top and destroyed most of the work i had done.
Have not bother to look at it for years but came across one of the front wheels so heres some pics of it. 72 holes in rim and hub all 12 thou diameter, Made a jig to lace it on. Kinda fun at the time and it proved the 3 bar would work. Just changed the caster angle a little bit.
wheel junior.JPG
wheel junior1.JPG
wheel junior2.JPG
Gerry

before I started my Fad T for real, I set about making an 1/8 scale model to see if the 3 bar linkage on a Dan woods front end would work. All made in brass and white metal I spent a long time fabing the front, rear IRS frame steering etc.
Then a friends son knocked it off the bench top and destroyed most of the work i had done.
Have not bother to look at it for years but came across one of the front wheels so heres some pics of it. 72 holes in rim and hub all 12 thou diameter, Made a jig to lace it on. Kinda fun at the time and it proved the 3 bar would work. Just changed the caster angle a little bit.
[attachment=4321:wheel junior.JPG]
[attachment=4322:wheel junior1.JPG]
[attachment=4323:wheel junior2.JPG]
Gerry
Gerry, You had waaaay tooo much time on your hands :) You do great work, both large and small...

Gerry, You had waaaay tooo much time on your hands :) You do great work, both large and small...

But Ted
I am going over the last 40 years. I have no kids just a step daughter and grand son (Our choice) so free time was never a problem. Better to make things than sit in front of a box and watch others do it instead.
I am told I will probably make my own coffin. I doubt if I would get it cherry enough for me though. LOL
G

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back