Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Where can I find this style shock?

Mike Caudill

I know I need front's because one is bent and the bracket needs to be moved into the right position

but I can't seem to find this style with the straight shaft?
IMAG2178_zpsqnljf436.jpg

Kind of looks like a chromed pinto shock imho. Not sure but I believe the mustang 2 front ends used these in stock form.

Shoot I still can't find them online but I know there out there somewhere?
I know you won't find them in chrome at your local NAPA store, but if you take it to one they have actual catalogs that they can look them up by style/length/bushing size, and then cross reference what they fit. Then you can look for them for the specific application in chrome. Don't go to the super-store parts house with the teenagers that work there driving rice with ring-ding-ding mufflers on their cars! Find a NAPA with real parts dudes if you can! :thumbsup:

I thought it was just a local thing with hot rodders avoiding the parts stores on weekends when the kids are working.

I thought it was just a local thing with hot rodders avoiding the parts stores on weekends when the kids are working.
I think it's a world wide phenomenon! Now I do appreciate anybody that loves cars of any kind, but the yungins are hot-rod clueless! And if it's not on the compoooter they are less-clue-less! The only car lovers I can't deal with are the death-trap rat rod guys. If the rats are built safe I'm good but the car shows are getting crowded with unsafe junk. IMHO. I'll un-high jack the thread now! :whistling:

i tried Auto Zone today with no luck, on to the next!!

Mike,

Here is a link to Monroe's shock dimension. It is 81 pages so you should be able to find something that will work. The last 2-3 pages show all the styles and end mounts. I still have the older printed catalogs but I'm out of town for a while and I to am looking for something special. Hope this will help you out. Good Luck.

George

http://www.monroe.com/assets/downloads/english/08_MountingLengthSheet.pdf

Monroe # 32118- $ 11.46... Rock Auto.... fits Pinto , Bobcat , Mustang II... Don't have a clue where you'd get chrome..dave

O.K. here ya' go ... Speedway # 582SM400..$74.99 ea. chrome [too rich for me :eek:]
dave

Just as an aside.... Guy's , we've got the most wonderful "part's book" ever .... you're looking at it.. just about everything is available if you take the time to search the web... IT'S ALL HERE ...

O.K end of rant
dave

]

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back