Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Which insurance company?

MDrex

I'm getting quotes for insuring the '27 T I'm buying. The car is really a homebuilt replica, but it is and will be registered as a 1927 Ford. I got a quote of $170 from Grundy and $238 from Hagerty. Is one better than the other? Are there other companies I should look at that are better than those?

My normal insurance is through Geico. Are they worth looking into for the T?

I was going to go with either CHROME or Grundy. I heard from some of the guys here, that Grundy is fast, cheap and they insure for your stated value

I have Chrome for both my street rods. After checking with other policy holders and some street rod shops that deal with insurance companies, I found only good things to be said for Chrome. They were also the only specialty car insurance company that would cover the build on my '37. All the others would only cover it after it was completed. This was totally unacceptable for me as the '37 was a high dollar build. Chrome also did not place any cap on the mileage that I can put on my rides. They were also more than competitive on pricing.

I use Grundy, there is no limit on mileage. You just have to store it in a garage, and it can't be a DD.

I use Hagerty myself. I shopped around and found them to have great customer service etc. The fact you can get someone on the phone quickly who is polite and professional is big plus to me. Also, I like the roadside assistance program (equipment etc. used). I may have been lucky, but I was impressed with them. Realy easy to work with (IMO).

I use Hagerty, also.

After Katrina came through, a guy I know was buying totaled hot rods from some of the collector car insurance companies. He told me that Hagerty was one of the companies that treated their customers right.

I agree with Engine, how I'm treated is important. Both before and after I need them.

Mike

Just a question..... What is the amount of mileage that some of these insurance companies will allow you to drive your car? I prefer to not have a limit. Just courious.

Thanks,
PaulR

PaulR said:
Just a question..... What is the amount of mileage that some of these insurance companies will allow you to drive your car? I prefer to not have a limit. Just courious.

Thanks,
PaulR

Grundy is unlimited, as long as its not a Daily Driver. ;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back