Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who built this body

eafree

I have built my frame from CCR plans, I bought this body off a guy and he didn't know who built it. My question to all the pro's any ideas? It kind of looks like a CCR body to me. I have been real busy, and finally got around to taking a picture of the dash.

Ted would probably have your answer.

eafree said:
I have built my frame from CCR plans, I bought this body off a guy and he didn't know who built it. My question to all the pro's any ideas? It kind of looks like a CCR body to me.

Need a picture of the interior. Looking at the dash, it doesn't look like a CCR body. CCR has a recessed dash panel, not a flat dash panel.

I have been really busy, finally got around to taking a picture of the dash.

eafree said:
View attachment 2243 Would help if I added the picture.

Looks like my Speedway Motors body with a modification to the dash. The Speedway body has a small flange molded in around the bottom edge of the dash to provide rigidity. That appears to have been removed on this body.

Bob

Thanks for the info, it's kind of nice to no were it may have come from.

not ALL CCR bodies. The 1915 body comes without the bed attached. It also does not have a floor or firewall. I had to do all that.

My CCR extended body does not have the bed attached. The body and bed are separate buys.

The bed was not attached to the body, The floor was not installed, the firewall was, and the dash did not look like ot had been cut. There were stiil gelcoat globs hanging of the edges.

Found out that the body was built by Hermans fast glass.

Spoke to the guy I bought it off of, he informed me that it was Hermans.

Everything (bed, floor, hump, interior insert, dash, decklid) was installed and glassed in on mine...couldn't ask for a better deal.

Spdwy808, How do you like the interior insert? I have been toying with the idea of using one.

The interior insert makes the body VERY sturdy! I also have the actual seat insert, which is upholstered and fits perfectly. The bucket seat insert actually gives a little more legroom than what a standard bench will.

I think and that in itself is scary. That Speedway has a glass insert and not the wooden one. Speedway is yours like this?
natspics040.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back