Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wind wings

KAA

Anybody made there own wind wings? Have any pictures? Haven't heard anything from GAB lately. GAB, have you got any ideas?

I made mine from Alum. I will see if I have photos on this machine. I am on the road and may have to wait for my homecoming....If you still need some next week I will be gald to send photos along.........

I made mine from Alum. I will see if I have photos on this machine. I am on the road and may have to wait for my homecoming....If you still need some next week I will be gald to send photos along.........
Thanks lincolnuT. Whenever you get a chance.

Maybe not exactly what you are looking to do but mine were made by the previous owner. I think he got safety glass cut from a local windshield place and had crafts person do the etching. The brackets can be purchased from speedway or similar.
IMG_20121028_080046_zps7c3aec91.jpg

Maybe not exactly what you are looking to do but mine were made by the previous owner. I think he got safety glass cut from a local windshield place and had crafts person do the etching. The brackets can be purchased from speedway or similar.
IMG_20121028_080046_zps7c3aec91.jpg
Thanks Bennett. I was hoping to do something without drilling holes in the frame.

11-1-12009.jpg

11-1-12008.jpg

Here is what I made for one car....... Alum barckets and SS tubing for the upright.......

Mike

Thanks for the pictures lincolunT. The straight piece, is it tubing or solid rod? Do you remember what dia. it is? Thanks again.

That is 3/8" SS tubing. The holes need to be 7/8" for the windshield side and 3/8" for the Tubbing side...When you saw them in Half they will be nice and tight..........

ebay has billet clamps that will work . Put in motorcycle then billet clamps and they will show up for brake line clamps for a arms on bikes. Find 3/4 and the other side drill to the size you won't .

Nice pictures, now my question is do they work at keeping some of the wind off the occupants? My wife and I were Harley riders and were used to some wind, but the bucket is windier, and she don't like riding in it. I will buy the wings if they really make a difference. I have the tall windshield and no top. We would like to take some short day trips this spring if I can cut down on the wind. What do yall think?

Until I put wind wings on my bucket I thought they were just for looks but I will never be without a set now. The wind will just go right around you, You will get a little wrap around but the wife and I can carry on a conversation running down the road at 70 MPH......Try them and you will like them...........my .02.....

Mike

Until I put wind wings on my bucket I thought they were just for looks but I will never be without a set now. The wind will just go right around you, You will get a little wrap around but the wife and I can carry on a conversation running down the road at 70 MPH......Try them and you will like them...........my .02.....

Mike

Mike
Thanks Mike, I will try them.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back